Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-11-2023 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260764)
salary for fresh is 3.6k, 2nd year 3.8k, S1 is 4.8k, S2 is 5.3k. They claim that senior pay is a huge jump from before. Is that true? I feel like senior pay has always been 4.5k-4.8k based on older posts.

This change was only in 2021 iirc.

When i first started it was 3, 3.2, 4.2 ,4.8, 5.3 then 6.

The increase was a result of Covid barring any hires of foreign talent resulting in big4 raising pay to get staff from mid tier to fill the gaps of those who left for greener pastures.

The outcome of that is that while we enjoy a permanent pay increase, the replacements till today cant fill the gap of those who have left.

Unregistered 19-11-2023 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260817)

The increase was a result of Covid barring any hires of foreign talent resulting in big4 raising pay to get staff from mid tier to fill the gaps of those who left for greener pastures.

The outcome of that is that while we enjoy a permanent pay increase, the replacements till today cant fill the gap of those who have left.

Yours should be around 2015?

During my time it was 2.8, 3.1, 4, 4.6, 5.1 then 6 for manager.

Unregistered 19-11-2023 04:15 PM

advisory services are paying more than audit

Unregistered 19-11-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260817)

How long will it take to reach 6?

Around 6 to 8 years?

Unregistered 19-11-2023 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260815)
I speculate part of the decline in popularity is due to SQP/SCAQ.

Having to take exams while grinding for 3 years makes it less attractive.

Is it mandatory? Can't you just not take it?

Unregistered 19-11-2023 06:22 PM

Leading a team is different from doing the groundwork. Some people are more suited to be technical lead instead

Unregistered 19-11-2023 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260794)
So you will tell Ac members and TCWG members that you cant attend ,if there is AGM / AC meeting at marina club at tuas?

are u dumb? the post mentioned vouching at tuas.
more important matters like AC meeting or AGM confirm go down la.

dun be goondo.
confirm u r tonkatsu. cannot read.

Unregistered 19-11-2023 06:33 PM

why dont they just let all the local accounts clerk join audit? all dying to join audit but cant get in, while we always "dont have enough ppl". unlike jhk who jump once they get PR, they are all so loyal and think audit is the best job ever like IBD, confirm can resolve turnover problem

Unregistered 19-11-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260835)
why dont they just let all the local accounts clerk join audit? all dying to join audit but cant get in, while we always "dont have enough ppl". unlike jhk who jump once they get PR, they are all so loyal and think audit is the best job ever like IBD, confirm can resolve turnover problem

no jhk just want the sg citizenship as long as the means justify the ends

Unregistered 19-11-2023 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260836)
no jhk just want the sg citizenship as long as the means justify the ends

those local accounts clerks are super loyal though. should hire more of them. they think audit is a godsend compared to their 2k sme job. scold us when we dont wanna OT like **** for not being grateful like they do.

Unregistered 19-11-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260835)

think about it. if you're jhk grad and your likely fate is a 1k sgd equivalent job in some dead end small bumi owned kuala lumpur company or otherwise retail assistant in port klang, working in Singapore big4 CBD office is like a godsend. akin to a sinkie working in Goldman Sachs IB in New York

Unregistered 19-11-2023 11:51 PM

anyone did internal transfer before? how did you go about it? aside from going through "career coach" since they don't want to lose a team member

Unregistered 20-11-2023 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260580)
I recall it was big news the articles came out to say it will be 20% raise after getting ca.

Is this not the case?

Its only 10% now, the other 10% was given out to "everyone" as salary increment during covid times.

Unregistered 20-11-2023 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260860)
anyone did internal transfer before? how did you go about it? aside from going through "career coach" since they don't want to lose a team member

Why would you lol. All depts have equally **** wlb and advisory pay is only 10% higher than audit. Just jump out to some industry job man

leo xin ting 20-11-2023 05:18 PM

s://3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_files/igp/ntu_igp.pdf

lol accountancy from ntu is a dumping ground bro
even business and philosophy are more popular
accountancy is comparable to arts, chinese, history degrees
lol at all the people who are still ot-ing in office
mostly malaysias yuck

Accountancy BCC/B
Business BBC/B
Art, Design & Media BCC/C
Chinese BCC/B
History BCC/C
Philosophy BBC/C

leo xin ting 20-11-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo xin ting (Post 260910)

mostly malaysias yuck

Accountancy BCC/B
Business BBC/B
Chinese BCC/B
History BCC/C
Philosophy BBC/C

its thanks to those malaysian ****ers that our government import to dilute our salary and lower the quality of audit. its also thanks to the HR and interviewers for doing such a good job.

cant wait for firm recharge/closure, to get out
oh wait.. i've been saying this since a few years back

Unregistered 20-11-2023 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo xin ting (Post 260911)
its thanks to those malaysian ****ers that our government import to dilute our salary and lower the quality of audit. its also thanks to the HR and interviewers for doing such a good job.

diam lah talk so much during work hours, go do your work.

Unregistered 20-11-2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

mostly malaysias yuck

Accountancy BCC/B
Business BBC/B
Chinese BCC/B
History BCC/C
Philosophy BBC/C

No wonder the freshies feels like a bit slow compared to the seniors.

Unregistered 20-11-2023 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260862)
Its only 10% now, the other 10% was given out to "everyone" as salary increment during covid times.

Can share how much is M1 pay with and without the 10%?

My guess is 7k without, 7.7k with?

Thank you

Unregistered 20-11-2023 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260923)

Thank you

how long does it take to reach M1?

Unregistered 20-11-2023 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260917)
No wonder the freshies feels like a bit slow compared to the seniors.

it's super obvious this year too. like seriously, give written instructions and template to fill in the blanks with a script also cannot do correctly, must ownself write wrong story. Every single thing ask question without any thought. Do work without actually doing the work. Write remarks and emails also can't write properly. Guess future audit is just getting outsourced to India since partners don't wanna improve things and would rather hire crap.

I'm not even someone who like to **** on juniors, prev year was fine. The level of juniors I'm getting this year is just too insane. It's like SME chinaman firm 2.5k pay quality. Not even tonkotsu ramen uni grads either.

Unregistered 20-11-2023 09:53 PM

curious who are the people asking these. current auditors? former auditors? non-audit people with friends who are in audit so you wanna know how much they earn?

Like why even need with and without 10%? Can't you add it yourself? Is this the kind of fresh grads big 4 is taking in nowadays?

Unregistered 20-11-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260937)
curious who are the people asking these. current auditors? former auditors? non-audit people with friends who are in audit so you wanna know how much they earn?

Like why even need with and without 10%? Can't you add it yourself? Is this the kind of fresh grads big 4 is taking in nowadays?

Likely a mixture of:

Current auditors shy to ask their seniors what's the next pay.
Former auditors want to kaypoh how much the pay has changed since they left
People totally not in the industry but want to know how much their "friends" in audit are making to feel better about themselves
Students / undergraduates / prospective applicants looking for salary information

Unregistered 20-11-2023 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260937)

I lurk in this thread occasionally to make myself feel better whenever I see Big4's low pay.

Unregistered 20-11-2023 10:58 PM

mycareersfuture has the pay btw. more reliable since the salary post disappeared a long time ago lol. anyway for postings that are not lumped together, mcf is quite accurate (see the lower end, higher end is +17% encashed cpf for foreigners)

Unregistered 20-11-2023 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260834)

dun be goondo.

Chill bro.

Tbh , i dont really care. Haha
Why i want care abt small potato senior

Unregistered 20-11-2023 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260923)

Thank you

You will know it when u hit m1.

6.9 or 7 max

Unregistered 20-11-2023 11:38 PM

Quote:

mostly malaysias yuck

Accountancy BCC/B
Business BBC/B
Chinese BCC/B
History BCC/C
Philosophy BBC/C

like that i study chinese better. at least can beo ATB rather than working with kampung jhk in big 4 slum

Unregistered 20-11-2023 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo xin ting (Post 260911)

now big 4 HR also got pinoy

heng GLC HR mostly sinkies so they hire mostly sinkies and got quota for foreigners

Unregistered 21-11-2023 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260958)
now big 4 HR also got pinoy

heng GLC HR mostly sinkies so they hire mostly sinkies and got quota for foreigners

The new compass system seriously blocked the foreigner pipeline for big 4 though. Heard a lot of people's offer got cancelled because they couldn't get 40 points for EP points system (no surprises considering the "diversity"). Which is why they're seriously pushing us to outsource to India next year. We're going down the path of US soon (minus the pay) lol

Unregistered 21-11-2023 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260834)

dun be goondo.

I will ask the audit team to come down to do vouching.

Audit is not just compliance.
It is also abt front facing client service

Unregistered 21-11-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260973)

u must be boomer.
Only boomer has this kind of mindset.

Leverage technologies pls.
dun be like big4 - news say spend billions on technology but analytics use excel only HAHA.

Unregistered 21-11-2023 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260975)
u must be boomer.
Only boomer has this kind of mindset.

Leverage technologies pls.
dun be like big4 - news say spend billions on technology but analytics use excel only HAHA.

you must be young punk - confirm still living with parents

Unregistered 21-11-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260973)

lol cos sg big 4 don't charge them for travel. overseas we charge per km so client rather we dont come down

Unregistered 21-11-2023 10:56 AM

How do y'all manage follow ups when working on your next engagement? Do we charge to that time code too or will we be asked to reverse? Dying from working on 2 jobs at the same time

Unregistered 21-11-2023 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260934)
it's super obvious this year too. like seriously, give written instructions and template to fill in the blanks with a script also cannot do correctly, must ownself write wrong story. Every single thing ask question without any thought. Do work without actually doing the work. Write remarks and emails also can't write properly. Guess future audit is just getting outsourced to India since partners don't wanna improve things and would rather hire crap.

I'm not even someone who like to **** on juniors, prev year was fine. The level of juniors I'm getting this year is just too insane. It's like SME chinaman firm 2.5k pay quality. Not even tonkotsu ramen uni grads either.

Staff quality in general has fallen off a cliff within the past 3 years. The senior partners have no incentive to improve or change anything because that will affect their salary. If i am about to retire i wouldnt give 2 shits about the next generation of problems.

On top of all this bs, still have the roll out of ISA 315 and implementation of new audit software, half of which dont even help the engagement, but must do just to meet KPI.

I mean the people setting the direction at the top are really using their ass to think or just really want to preserve margins and give up on audit quality. It's like audit originally was difficult, but hey, staff quality worse now, lets make it even more difficult.

This is compounded by the fact that good people are leaving because theres a real shortage now, and those cui ones cant find a job and stay contributing to the deterioration.

Absolute **** show.

Other side of the globe record fines being dished out like free because of poor audit quality. Won't be long before same happens here.

Unregistered 21-11-2023 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260988)
How do y'all manage follow ups when working on your next engagement? Do we charge to that time code too or will we be asked to reverse? Dying from working on 2 jobs at the same time

Just charge the actual hours you work for both jobs. When appear on staff utilization you very sat ki. Work 2 jobs and many more hours than most. But all you get is a pat on your back and maybe 1 month extra bonus. But your salary same as the next guy who just tang ping

Unregistered 21-11-2023 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260860)

Curious about this too. I can't take audit anymore, even analytics or BI is fine. Dreading the upcoming peak and the job market outside is bad since it's Q4.

Unregistered 21-11-2023 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261003)
Staff quality in general has fallen off a cliff within the past 3 years. The senior partners have no incentive to improve or change anything because that will affect their salary. If i am about to retire i wouldnt give 2 shits about the next generation of problems.

On top of all this bs, still have the roll out of ISA 315 and implementation of new audit software, half of which dont even help the engagement, but must do just to meet KPI.

I mean the people setting the direction at the top are really using their ass to think or just really want to preserve margins and give up on audit quality. It's like audit originally was difficult, but hey, staff quality worse now, lets make it even more difficult.

This is compounded by the fact that good people are leaving because theres a real shortage now, and those cui ones cant find a job and stay contributing to the deterioration.

Absolute **** show.

Other side of the globe record fines being dished out like free because of poor audit quality. Won't be long before same happens here.

All the new regulations and standards are getting ridiculous... Anyone who has done fieldwork knows they don't contribute anything and gets ********ted due to time constrains anyway. Some regulators just want to show that they are worth their paycheck and end up dumping stupid work onto us.

Lack of staff, more work due to more standards, terrible new software, lack of fees because 3% inflation lol, it's amazing that we don't have any Wirecard scandal in Singapore so far. (Maybe it'd be better if there was, then these partners can finally get screwed)

Unregistered 21-11-2023 09:02 PM

How much does manager in KPMG earn?