Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 08-12-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengzai (Post 18709)
Juz check le... No bonus for me... due to a reason i cant print here... they said they holding on to it... once resolved will give me bk everything... chances they would not give anything to me in the end... out of my control... congrats to all civil servants who will enjoy their bonus... cheer up for those who did not get... looking forward to 2012 :)

Good luck and wish you the best.

miwashi 08-12-2011 04:17 PM

if they holding it
does it mean you are placed on the work improvement plan

Unregistered 08-12-2011 07:21 PM

Worked for 4 mths and get pro-rated bonus... But more than I expected....

Unregistered 10-12-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18657)
Would it be unfair for an officer who joined an org in late Jan 2011 to be ranked with others who have been around in jan 2012? Considering the period of e new officer is slightly shorter than the others.

Hi all, I posted the above there, was wondering if anyone can advise on the above. I'm currently MX13 and waiting for my confirmation / promotion to MX12. However, despite that I will still be the newest guy in my "dept" who has served one month shy of a full year. Would I be in anyway disadvantaged in the ranking exercise and doomed to a D grade just because I am the newest? I was informed that to rank me above any of the old birds would require strong justification, and that a D grade had to go to someone.

I felt strongly about this because I have put in a lot of blood sweat and tears for the year, taking on additional 24/7 responsibilities that the my colleagues do not have to. I have done well in my work, and adapted very quickly. Our team stays back later than the others due to our portfolios, and with a certain amount of pride, we dare say we churn out much better work than the other teams in our dept.

I would be greatly discouraged if I were to be given a D just because the steamroller adheres to some informal guideline to give the "newest" or "less-than-a-year" the lowest grade.

For your views please.

miwashi 10-12-2011 10:54 AM

don't know about the D but in my MX13 job last time we got a 1 month pb pro-rated with the time we joined, even for those good performers.

Unregistered 10-12-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengzai (Post 18709)
Juz check le... No bonus for me... due to a reason i cant print here... they said they holding on to it... once resolved will give me bk everything... chances they would not give anything to me in the end... out of my control... congrats to all civil servants who will enjoy their bonus... cheer up for those who did not get... looking forward to 2012 :)

you should be on contract ...

Unregistered 10-12-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18764)
Hi all, I posted the above there, was wondering if anyone can advise on the above. I'm currently MX13 and waiting for my confirmation / promotion to MX12. However, despite that I will still be the newest guy in my "dept" who has served one month shy of a full year. Would I be in anyway disadvantaged in the ranking exercise and doomed to a D grade just because I am the newest? I was informed that to rank me above any of the old birds would require strong justification, and that a D grade had to go to someone.

I felt strongly about this because I have put in a lot of blood sweat and tears for the year, taking on additional 24/7 responsibilities that the my colleagues do not have to. I have done well in my work, and adapted very quickly. Our team stays back later than the others due to our portfolios, and with a certain amount of pride, we dare say we churn out much better work than the other teams in our dept.

I would be greatly discouraged if I were to be given a D just because the steamroller adheres to some informal guideline to give the "newest" or "less-than-a-year" the lowest grade.

For your views please.

not sure abt ur ministry but in my stat board, i was given a B for my 1st appraisal though my boss told me the norm for newcomers is to get C. in my stat board ranking is done across people in the same job grade i.e. all the MX 13s or sometimes they lump MX13 and MX12 tgt how exactly they lump the ppl in your ministry im nt sure as im in stat board not civil service.

Unregistered 11-12-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18780)
not sure abt ur ministry but in my stat board, i was given a B for my 1st appraisal though my boss told me the norm for newcomers is to get C. in my stat board ranking is done across people in the same job grade i.e. all the MX 13s or sometimes they lump MX13 and MX12 tgt how exactly they lump the ppl in your ministry im nt sure as im in stat board not civil service.

yes this is how it's done in my stat board too

wat did u get for PB for ur B grade? u were MX 13 then ?

Unregistered 20-12-2011 10:42 AM

not sure if this has been asked before

but is PB tied to GDP growth in any way ??

im not referring to SVP or wat not, but strictly PB

Unregistered 28-12-2011 09:05 AM

teacher pb

in school setting, i tink d D is 5%, Those teachers good in running projects no doubt will take up the b and c+, even their classrm teachg is lousy. we call them the "event manager"
i have colleague who totally devoted to pupils studies, evryday give remedia, mark n mark ,
in the end get a D. sigh!!