Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 14-03-2024 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270684)
MX12, Grade C, 2nd year.

RO say i’m doing my required job. 😥

Contract ending Dec 31, 2024, in hot soup liao

I was in your shoes.

If you are concerned about emplacement, talk to your RO.

Personally, i feel that a grade C for the 1st 2 years is fair, because you are on a learning curve. And you performed ok. So there is nothing to be bad about.

When it comes to emplacement, i believe your RO will assess you not just based on past grades, but also the potential you have.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270701)
I was in your shoes.

If you are concerned about emplacement, talk to your RO.

Personally, i feel that a grade C for the 1st 2 years is fair, because you are on a learning curve. And you performed ok. So there is nothing to be bad about.

When it comes to emplacement, i believe your RO will assess you not just based on past grades, but also the potential you have.

This. Put on your big boy pants and talk about the issue with your bosses - and I don't mean this in a sarcastic way. It forces your bosses to also think about your future. If it's a case where they don't have headcount, and is unlikely to have headcount, I'm sure you'll also want to find out sooner rather than later.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270704)
This. Put on your big boy pants and talk about the issue with your bosses - and I don't mean this in a sarcastic way. It forces your bosses to also think about your future. If it's a case where they don't have headcount, and is unlikely to have headcount, I'm sure you'll also want to find out sooner rather than later.

the painful truth is that in the public sector now, there is huge reduction in headcount

some bosses may sugarcoat things by telling u to continue to work harder to increase chances of emplacement, but if there is no confirmed vacancy, then u would have worked hard for nothing. best to just prepare for the worst

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270711)
the painful truth is that in the public sector now, there is huge reduction in headcount

some bosses may sugarcoat things by telling u to continue to work harder to increase chances of emplacement, but if there is no confirmed vacancy, then u would have worked hard for nothing. best to just prepare for the worst

U r right……this is a directive from the top…u will notice admin staff not being renewed. Older staff being offered shorter contract

Unregistered 14-03-2024 07:41 PM

Mx12 B grade

What's the quantum?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 08:41 PM

Hi... Can I check if I should expect 2.5 months for C+ as MX12?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270714)
U r right……this is a directive from the top…u will notice admin staff not being renewed. Older staff being offered shorter contract

Yea, there's an ongoing strategic review of workforce (replace manual processes with AI, Python, RPA).

All departments need to brace for headcount freeze too. Those older and existing staff are going to have a rough time getting piled with more work without contract staff renewals, while getting ranked lower than all the parachuted scholars that have 1st priority for grading of 'A/B's.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270723)
Yea, there's an ongoing strategic review of workforce (replace manual processes with AI, Python, RPA).

All departments need to brace for headcount freeze too. Those older and existing staff are going to have a rough time getting piled with more work without contract staff renewals, while getting ranked lower than all the parachuted scholars that have 1st priority for grading of 'A/B's.

This review is still in the planning phase, and once approved, will likely play out over a number of years. But the situation you described regarding headcount freezes, not replacing exiting staff will happen. In short, a smaller civil service.

To be fair, the vast majority of the scholars do deserve their As and Bs. Not a scholar btw.

Unregistered 14-03-2024 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270722)
Hi... Can I check if I should expect 2.5 months for C+ as MX12?

Just my experience, C+ at MX12 has been 2.0 months

Unregistered 14-03-2024 09:55 PM

Not sure to stay or leave

Is it normal to get 3 Cs for MX12? Stay or leave?