Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115111)
I got 13 months of bonus. Not in CS.

With your base monthly salary as $500, this 13 months of bonus is going to be a lot. Congrats.

Unregistered 19-03-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115127)
With your base monthly salary as $500, this 13 months of bonus is going to be a lot. Congrats.

Just to check, joined last year in May period, does it mean that my grade is default C?

Unregistered 20-03-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115152)
Just to check, joined last year in May period, does it mean that my grade is default C?

Yes you will get C

Unregistered 20-03-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115091)
Hi guys

Hope someone can help me with this.
My boss told me that for prorated bonus for qualifying officers will only come in April.
I've check pac gov but there is no pb letter.

I only joined the ministry back in sep 2018.

Does this happen to anybody else? Or does PB for all come in today?

Anyone can advice?

Unregistered 20-03-2019 12:33 PM

I think if you can prove your mettle, and with quite a bit of luck, you can go beyond C. I joined in Feb, got B.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115152)

Unregistered 20-03-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115168)
Anyone can advice?

I previously join in Dec of the year and has gotten the pb same time as the rest

Dufresne 20-03-2019 07:21 PM

Dear All, I have a master's and bachelor's degree from the same local uni, 1st class honors, in fact i topped my graduating class. It's a humanities/language degree though, I have been working at a media company for 6 mths, easy work no stress but very pathetic pay at 3.6k per month (got 13 mth and PB but still very bad compared to civil service)

I feel that I am not doing my stellar results justice, if I join CS with my results probably can get much better package, but the problem is I don't really have much interest in them and unsure which ministry/SB to join. And no MOE please I don't wanna do teaching.

I am thinking about MCI, IWDA etc. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Unregistered 20-03-2019 11:12 PM

How much increment can i expect as a B grade mx12 officer.

Unregistered 21-03-2019 12:58 AM

What's the expected MI for a MX12 with PB of C?

Unregistered 21-03-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufresne (Post 115198)
Dear All, I have a master's and bachelor's degree from the same local uni, 1st class honors, in fact i topped my graduating class. It's a humanities/language degree though, I have been working at a media company for 6 mths, easy work no stress but very pathetic pay at 3.6k per month (got 13 mth and PB but still very bad compared to civil service)

I feel that I am not doing my stellar results justice, if I join CS with my results probably can get much better package, but the problem is I don't really have much interest in them and unsure which ministry/SB to join. And no MOE please I don't wanna do teaching.

I am thinking about MCI, IWDA etc. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

A good academic result is helpful at the recruitment stage. They can give you an edge to get pass the recruitment interviews and land the job. After that, its your performance, your EQ, CEP, and how well you can work with all levels of staff - from subordinates to peers to top management.

Robert Kiyosaki made this observation (and I have seen this myself even in the CS), that Grade A graduates worked for Grade C graduates, and Grade B graduates ended up in the CS.

In the CS department where I worked, among the same cohort of graduates, I observed that the FCH graduates ended up being subordinates to some of their Lower Honours counterparts.
It seemed that FCH graduates are good workers but they lack the "smarts!"

So, a good academic result can only get you so far, its your "smarts" that will move you up.