Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 02-12-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18557)
if i have joined a stat board for less then 3 months for year 2011, will i be entitled to pro-rated pb in Apr?

yes

it's a good thing since usually 1st yearers get a default C grade

imagine u joined in jan, work like dog the whole year n still get a C lol

Unregistered 02-12-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18560)
yes

it's a good thing since usually 1st yearers get a default C grade

imagine u joined in jan, work like dog the whole year n still get a C lol

if you joined in Dec 2011 or Jan 2012 will you be graded or ranked for 2012? or will the default grade apply for 2012?

Unregistered 02-12-2011 07:24 PM

I am thinking of joining MOE as a school adminstrator, what is the career prospect and salary range? Can one expect to "jump" rank to vice principal if one progresses well? Thank you.
By the way I hold NUS social science degree, no honours, with merit. Worked 10 years in corporate as HR

Unregistered 02-12-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18560)
yes

it's a good thing since usually 1st yearers get a default C grade

imagine u joined in jan, work like dog the whole year n still get a C lol

even though i'm still under probation when pb is given out?

also, would like to check another thing. it was stated in the hr website that they will moderate our gradings. so that means there will definitely be ppl who will get a D grade due to moderation right? even though the person may actually meet expectations. and D grades are not entitled to any bonus at all? isn that very unfair?

Unregistered 03-12-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18565)
if you joined in Dec 2011 or Jan 2012 will you be graded or ranked for 2012? or will the default grade apply for 2012?

here's how it works in my agency:

if u join in dec 2011, u will be given a 'C' grade by default for yr 2011. Ie. ur PB given in April 2012 will be based on ur C grade pro-rated in accordance wif the no. of days of service in 2011

u start off wif a clean slate in 2012, so u will be subject to the full range of grades

Unregistered 03-12-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18572)
even though i'm still under probation when pb is given out?

also, would like to check another thing. it was stated in the hr website that they will moderate our gradings. so that means there will definitely be ppl who will get a D grade due to moderation right? even though the person may actually meet expectations. and D grades are not entitled to any bonus at all? isn that very unfair?

dunno abt urs, but my agency has no probation period. new hires r given a 1 yr contract when they first join

refer to my post above on perf grad for 1st yr.

y r u worried abt getting D ? you really hav to piss off ur bosses alot to get a D. besides, it's not clear wat % of pple get a D.

Unregistered 03-12-2011 12:24 PM

those dat hav been in the civil/public service for the past few yrs....

mind sharing ur PB in each yr/perf grade/officer level (MX12 etc)

is PB tied to GDP growth ?

Unregistered 03-12-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18585)
those dat hav been in the civil/public service for the past few yrs....

mind sharing ur PB in each yr/perf grade/officer level (MX12 etc)

is PB tied to GDP growth ?

Nope... PB is really tied to how much your boss likes you... everywhere it's the same... Hard work does not always equal to success...

Unregistered 06-12-2011 11:43 AM

Salary Issues
 
Hi there,

Just wanna enquire about pay date which my sister keep asking me.

She`s working in Civil Service sector recently and was very curious to ask since the pay date falls on Monday,when will she receive her salary? Is it Fri night? Or Sat night?

Thanks.

Unregistered 06-12-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18638)
Hi there,

Just wanna enquire about pay date which my sister keep asking me.

She`s working in Civil Service sector recently and was very curious to ask since the pay date falls on Monday,when will she receive her salary? Is it Fri night? Or Sat night?

Thanks.

Friday...haha....bonus rite?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2