Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 06-12-2011 09:59 PM

Would it be unfair for an officer who joined an org in late Jan 2011 to be ranked with others who have been around in jan 2012? Considering the period of e new officer is slightly shorter than the others.

cslee 06-12-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18596)
Nope... PB is really tied to how much your boss likes you... everywhere it's the same... Hard work does not always equal to success...

Not just how much you "suck" up to your boss. Even if your boss gave his heart to you, he'll still be "steam-rolled" over when another more influential boss "fight" for his "pets" during the ranking exercise. So, you've to "choose" the "right" boss as well. :eek:

Unregistered 07-12-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 18659)
Not just how much you "suck" up to your boss. Even if your boss gave his heart to you, he'll still be "steam-rolled" over when another more influential boss "fight" for his "pets" during the ranking exercise. So, you've to "choose" the "right" boss as well. :eek:

Nope.. the employee don't get to choose the boss they want... Most of the time, it's the boss that choose who they want to work for them...

Unregistered 07-12-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18655)
Friday...haha....bonus rite?

ya! she cant wait for shopping...lol!

thanks..

hengzai 07-12-2011 09:47 PM

13th month bonus or not bonus

Hi all,
i am a civil servant... i am not entitled for the civil servant 1.75 bonus for this coming Dec payday.

But is there any chance i will get the 13th month pay as i have worked for the whole year in 2011???

As my understanding is that the 13th month is included in the calender year 2011.

Still confused if i am entitled to the 13th month. If it is my rights, den i shd get it. If it is bonus i shd not get it.

Anyone can advise??? Many thanks.

Bean 07-12-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengzai (Post 18692)
Hi all,
i am a civil servant... i am not entitled for the civil servant 1.75 bonus for this coming Dec payday.

But is there any chance i will get the 13th month pay as i have worked for the whole year in 2011???

As my understanding is that the 13th month is included in the calender year 2011.

Still confused if i am entitled to the 13th month. If it is my rights, den i shd get it. If it is bonus i shd not get it.

Anyone can advise??? Many thanks.

Since you have work for the whole of 2011, you should have been given the 1.75mth bonus.

So did you received the july bonus payout of 0.5 month + $250?, If yes, you should also getting the 1.75mth bonus too in Dec

hengzai 08-12-2011 07:09 AM

The problem is that i didnt get July one... Guess there is nothing for me in Dec... Thanks for the advice...

Unregistered 08-12-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengzai (Post 18699)
The problem is that i didnt get July one... Guess there is nothing for me in Dec... Thanks for the advice...

Should get pro-rated bonus in Dec if not wrong.....

Unregistered 08-12-2011 08:39 AM

Can go cheCk ur Payslip Liao......

hengzai 08-12-2011 12:01 PM

Juz check le... No bonus for me... due to a reason i cant print here... they said they holding on to it... once resolved will give me bk everything... chances they would not give anything to me in the end... out of my control... congrats to all civil servants who will enjoy their bonus... cheer up for those who did not get... looking forward to 2012 :)