Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 24-11-2011 11:58 AM

"Sources said civil servants could be given an additional 0.75-month bonus plus a dollar quantum."

News of civil service bonus expected soon - Channel NewsAsia

Unregistered 24-11-2011 05:34 PM

"Singapore's 65,000 civil servants will get a 0.75-month of year-end Annual Variable Component (AVC) in December.

Together with the one-month Non-Pensionable Annual Allowance (NPAA), also commonly referred to as the 13th-month payment, the total year-end payment is 1.75 months, says the Public Service Division.

Civil servants received a mid-year AVC of 0.5-month and a one-off dollar quantum of S$250 in July."

-CNA

Unregistered 24-11-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18271)
fat hope. with the MAS and deputy PM already hinting a severe downturn, civil service top brass wouldn't want to send a contradictory signal by giving out any bonus. it's how they work. haven't you noticed?

i predict ST will publish many articles talking about a looming deep recession.

u must feel pretty silly now eh

chuayc 24-11-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18360)
u must feel pretty silly now eh

haha! Don't need to rub it in!

Anw, I expect a wave of bitching about how it is unfair and gross that civil servants should even be getting any year-end bonuses because of the bleak economic outlook blah blah..

I think these people will only be satisfied if all civil servants draw like $1.5k p.m. and only get 0.5 month's bonus once every ten years or something.

I expect a low bonus this year but I am not complaining because there have been years in which I received much higher bonuses than my friends in public service. This year it's their turn to laugh. haha! In life, one must give and take...

Unregistered 24-11-2011 06:50 PM

I think many people in private sector get more than 3 months this year. Go and see how you stack up against the rest.

Civil Service Bonus end-2011 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Unregistered 24-11-2011 09:12 PM

They shouldn't get more months than bankers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18364)
I think many people in private sector get more than 3 months this year. Go and see how you stack up against the rest.

Civil Service Bonus end-2011 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Unregistered 24-11-2011 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;18365]They shouldn't get more months than banker

Anybody also should get more than banker

Unregistered 25-11-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuayc (Post 18362)
haha! Don't need to rub it in!

Anw, I expect a wave of bitching about how it is unfair and gross that civil servants should even be getting any year-end bonuses because of the bleak economic outlook blah blah..

I think these people will only be satisfied if all civil servants draw like $1.5k p.m. and only get 0.5 month's bonus once every ten years or something.

I expect a low bonus this year but I am not complaining because there have been years in which I received much higher bonuses than my friends in public service. This year it's their turn to laugh. haha! In life, one must give and take...

Those jokers think every civil servant / public servant is a superscale officer drawing 5 digits a month. They forget that there are more of those support officers who barely make 2-3k per month.

Unregistered 25-11-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18368)
Those jokers think every civil servant / public servant is a superscale officer drawing 5 digits a month. They forget that there are more of those support officers who barely make 2-3k per month.

The ministers made it seem that everyone is making millions in the civil service. Go talk to your boss.

Unregistered 01-12-2011 11:52 PM

if i have joined a stat board for less then 3 months for year 2011, will i be entitled to pro-rated pb in Apr?