Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18011)
They have no reason to give u any more $$ since the election is already over... Must wait for 5 more years till next election for fat bonuses.. Confirm!!!

Isn't it obvious that last year's elections were chosen to coincide with a bounce-back from the sharp downturn caused by the subprime burst in US? This is so that big bonuses can be given out to civil servants, making them happy and people around them happy. When people are happy, the incumbent government will get the votes. But despite this, they still lost 7 seats.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18013)
Isn't it obvious that last year's elections were chosen to coincide with a bounce-back from the sharp downturn caused by the subprime burst in US? This is so that big bonuses can be given out to civil servants, making them happy and people around them happy. When people are happy, the incumbent government will get the votes. But despite this, they still lost 7 seats.

Are you sure they'll vote this way?

Unregistered 13-11-2011 07:10 PM

Dec 2011 bonus

No one seems to have any insider tips on how much bonus we be getting next month. The worst case I can think of is 13th plus 1 month. Which we have gotten 0.5 months in July.
Even they give me 6 months bonus, I still vote for opposition party.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18026)
No one seems to have any insider tips on how much bonus we be getting next month. The worst case I can think of is 13th plus 1 month. Which we have gotten 0.5 months in July.

Then all the more they will not give out good bonus during non-election year.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18026)

Wrong. The worst is 13th month + ZERO month. It just happened not too long ago. I think shld be 2009.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 10:31 PM

Dec 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18033)
Wrong. The worst is 13th month + ZERO month. It just happened not too long ago. I think shld be 2009.

That's the years most of my civil service colleagues left for the oil and gas industry in jurong island. Operation technician and WSH related work and of course the high paying job as a RSO. It's time to move on in 2012.

Unregistered 19-11-2011 09:32 PM

Get ready for no bonus this year. Economy is headed for a hard landing.

Unregistered 20-11-2011 09:40 PM

Dec 2011

I don't mind not having any bonus this year end. I am getting my 12 years long service and look for job elsewhere.

Unregistered 20-11-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18263)
I don't mind not having any bonus this year end. I am getting my 12 years long service and look for job elsewhere.

I am sure you are a policeman. do you have a degree? got plans?

if you are, i was just like you before.. haha... and I hope you do well. :)

Unregistered 21-11-2011 10:41 AM

when r they gonna announce EOY bonus ??

last year it was 13th mth + 1 mth (GDP growth was a staggering 14.5%)

this year's growth expected to be only 5%. arghhhh..... hope we can still get 13th mth + 0.5 mth !!!!