Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 30-03-2011 11:57 PM

so much for PB... can anyone shed like on the Merit Increment quantum how it is determined?

Unregistered 04-04-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 10676)
Is the PB (performance bonus) always so high in the civil service?

Could the 2.5 figure be due to the extraordinary GDP growth last year? To be more cynical, could it be due to thus year being an election year?

I'm just curious cos I've never worked in the civil service before.

hm.. bonuses for mx12s who got a B grade in my ministry were 2.5 mths this year... and this was the case for the last two years as well.

as mentioned by a previous poster, the higher your seniority, the higher your PB quantum. for eg. an mx10 with a B grade will get a higher PB quantum than an mx11 with a B grade, who will in turn get a higher PB quantum than an mx12 with the same B grade.

civil servants got an extra bonus this march with the "Special Variable Payment", which is paid out only in times of good GDP growth and is linked to performance as well. it ranged from 0-1.6 months. i think B graders got the full 1.6 months payout.

blackswan 09-04-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 10919)
hm.. bonuses for mx12s who got a B grade in my ministry were 2.5 mths this year... and this was the case for the last two years as well.

as mentioned by a previous poster, the higher your seniority, the higher your PB quantum. for eg. an mx10 with a B grade will get a higher PB quantum than an mx11 with a B grade, who will in turn get a higher PB quantum than an mx12 with the same B grade.

civil servants got an extra bonus this march with the "Special Variable Payment", which is paid out only in times of good GDP growth and is linked to performance as well. it ranged from 0-1.6 months. i think B graders got the full 1.6 months payout.

as some stat boards do not pay SVP....I suspect some of them lump them into PB for this yr...

Unregistered 02-07-2011 11:51 PM

Civil Service Performance Bonus

Hi everyone, I've got a question, when is the assessment period for a teacher's performance bonus? Is it from 1 Jan till 31 Dec? or 1 Apr till 31 Mar? Can someone pls help? Thks.

Unregistered 03-07-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13813)
Hi everyone, I've got a question, when is the assessment period for a teacher's performance bonus? Is it from 1 Jan till 31 Dec? or 1 Apr till 31 Mar? Can someone pls help? Thks.

Officially, it's 1 Jan (assuming you started work prior to that date) to 31 Dec, but because assessment is always done toward the end of the year, but not after the year, it will be 1 Jan to maybe Sep/Oct depending on when your assessment is done. If you are referring to how your PB is pro-rated, then it's based on the full year from 1 Jan (or whichever date you started work in that year) to 31 Dec, so just calculate accordingly.

Unregistered 03-07-2011 10:52 PM

civil servant performance bonus

It's because I heard from some HODs that they had discussions during april time and submit their grades up by apr, not sure leh...

Unregistered 03-07-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13838)
It's because I heard from some HODs that they had discussions during april time and submit their grades up by apr, not sure leh...

for my stat board is from jan to dec for last yr. the appraisal done in jan this yr. ranking and finalized in feb. PB paid in march.

Unregistered 07-11-2011 05:40 PM

Bonus for december of 2011

Hi, everyone.. How many months of bonus will we be getting in the year end of 2011 exclude the 13 months? Especially for the civil servant?

Unregistered 11-11-2011 11:45 PM

Year end bonus for civil servant

2011 year end bonus won't be that good I guess. The special variable bonus is not going to happen again.

Unregistered 13-11-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17976)
2011 year end bonus won't be that good I guess. The special variable bonus is not going to happen again.

They have no reason to give u any more $$ since the election is already over... Must wait for 5 more years till next election for fat bonuses.. Confirm!!!