Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 17-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19794)
In that case I think i got short-changed. Got half of that only.

Do I talk to my immediate boss or proceed directly to HR to ask?

Are you some fresh grad who just join government?

I mean what sort of naive question is that? In government, you get told what you will be paid and you either accept or get lost, there is no room for you to bargain like some pasar malam.

Better not do stupid things & cause trouble for your boss or HR, wait dio mark for the rest of your life.

Unregistered 20-02-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18764)
... I was informed that to rank me above any of the old birds would require strong justification, and that a D grade had to go to someone.

For your views please.

if iz ur boss who informed you, that means that most likely you did something he didn't like and you will be getting a D. Start looking around for a new job as you never know if ur contract will be renewed. Are you quite new / fresh grad / out of college? Cos u really need to have a good relatinship with your boss, he is grading you. I have learnt this the hard way. good luck ...

Unregistered 20-02-2012 10:10 PM

continue..

becos seriously if ur boss want to keep u (ie likes you) he will definitely not give u a D. it will be easier for him to give an old bird a D since u r new and he need justification to keep renew ur contract. So if he inform u 'sorry someone must get a D' it means it's u, pls look around, i don't think u fit in my dept. in the end u must look at yourself truth fully cos u will know if ur relationship with ur boss is good or not..

Unregistered 20-02-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18764)
Hi all, I posted the above there, was wondering if anyone can advise on the above. I'm currently MX13 and waiting for my confirmation / promotion to MX12. However, despite that I will still be the newest guy in my "dept" who has served one month shy of a full year. Would I be in anyway disadvantaged in the ranking exercise and doomed to a D grade just because I am the newest? I was informed that to rank me above any of the old birds would require strong justification, and that a D grade had to go to someone.

I felt strongly about this because I have put in a lot of blood sweat and tears for the year, taking on additional 24/7 responsibilities that the my colleagues do not have to. I have done well in my work, and adapted very quickly. Our team stays back later than the others due to our portfolios, and with a certain amount of pride, we dare say we churn out much better work than the other teams in our dept.

I would be greatly discouraged if I were to be given a D just because the steamroller adheres to some informal guideline to give the "newest" or "less-than-a-year" the lowest grade.

For your views please.

the truth is the hardest worker doesnt get the most credit, the one who can suck up to the boss does.

Anonymous 21-02-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21109)
the truth is the hardest worker doesnt get the most credit, the one who can suck up to the boss does.

If you are MX13, you are ranked amongst MX13s. So if your team are full of old birds i.e. MX12 and above, you are not really ranked with them.

To be brutally honest, your boss probably doesn't really like you and traded you away during MX13 rankings with the other HODs so that he can get better grading for the older staff during their MX12 and above rankings.

Unregistered 06-03-2012 11:07 AM

Hi all,
A question on PB & resignation

If I tender my resignation before PB is announced in early/mid-March but my last day is 30 April (> 1 mth notice), theoretically I should still get my PB right?

Just wonder if there's any chance that they may decide to lower my PB than the previously intended amount (since it is not announced yet)? Or any danger that I may not be getting any at all?

Thanks!

Unregistered 06-03-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21896)
Hi all,

If I tender my resignation before PB is announced in early/mid-March but my last day is 30 April (> 1 mth notice), theoretically I should still get my PB right?

Just wonder if there's any chance that they may decide to lower my PB than the previously intended amount (since it is not announced yet)? Or any danger that I may not be getting any at all?

Thanks!

Sorry, but from most cases I heard of - civil, public, private, banks, MNCs - is that you will not get your PB.

Unregistered 06-03-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21897)
Sorry, but from most cases I heard of - civil, public, private, banks, MNCs - is that you will not get your PB.

Thanks! Probably naive of me to think I will still get it! Think probably wise to wait till it is announced. Cheers.

Bean 06-03-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21896)
Hi all,

Thanks!

in the april salary, you will get your PB + the merit increment, after you PB is deposit into your bank, then tender loh

miwashi 06-03-2012 12:31 PM

All your questions are answered in IM2B