Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-01-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113538)
Hi, I am offered a position under movement policy. The new HR says it will be under contract and there is a pay cut. I had assumed under this policy, I would be offered a permanent position and minimally same pay. Am I being conned by a ignorant HR?

Yes, tio conned. Should be same pay.

Unregistered 02-02-2019 03:32 PM

Anyone in Energy Market Authority care to shed light on the working culture and starting pay. Ex spf regular with degree

Unregistered 03-02-2019 08:24 PM

36 yrs old. MX scheme. Ministry. 160k (including gross monthly, mid yr bonus, performance bonus, end of yr bonus). Male with NS. 2nd upper local uni. How am i doing?

Unregistered 03-02-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113603)
36 yrs old. MX scheme. Ministry. 160k (including gross monthly, mid yr bonus, performance bonus, end of yr bonus). Male with NS. 2nd upper local uni. How am i doing?

You must be MX10. That is very good, above average at your age

Unregistered 05-02-2019 06:18 PM

Ive applied for a Senior Lead position at EDB. Does anyone know what’s the pay range?

Unregistered 06-02-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113603)

wow. that sounds good. Is it normal for males of your experience/background to earn that kinda pay package?

Unregistered 06-02-2019 10:40 PM

offers

i received a firm offer from a healthcare GLC, however at the same time i also got a verbal offer from a stat board and am going through the hr neogitations and ref checks.

Is it ok for me to accept the GLC's offer first, and then reject them later when the stat board's firm offer comes? The stat board just started ref checks today and i don't expect them to complte it so fast. I need to give an answer to the GLC by next week.

Should i buy more time from the GLC, accept their offer and then reject them while i wait for the stat board's firm offer?

Tks.

zero_88 07-02-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113658)
i received a firm offer from a healthcare GLC, however at the same time i also got a verbal offer from a stat board and am going through the hr neogitations and ref checks.

Is it ok for me to accept the GLC's offer first, and then reject them later when the stat board's firm offer comes? The stat board just started ref checks today and i don't expect them to complte it so fast. I need to give an answer to the GLC by next week.

Should i buy more time from the GLC, accept their offer and then reject them while i wait for the stat board's firm offer?

Tks.

How much they offer u?

Unregistered 07-02-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113658)

Tks.

i believe i was from the same healthcare glc (not alot in sg) previously before joining a stat board. do accept the glc offer first, my experience tells me that the pay package and benefits from the healthcare glc will definitely be better IF you are applying for the same level of role.

Unregistered 07-02-2019 02:51 PM

Thanks for the responeses guys. Pay wise both are around the same area, however when looking at mid,year end and increment bonuses, i feel the stat board gives a better offer.

My main problem is that the stat board is taking a longer time to firm up their offer and conclude the reference checks.

Is it ok to accept the glc first, but then reject them later?
Ethical?