Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-02-2017 05:07 PM

A question for anybody who knows please - may I know if CAD requires Honours? I have a pass degree from a local Uni, working experience in big 4 and bank but my application was rejected. Does anybody know what exactly are they looking for?

Leody 08-02-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93399)
Hi guys, I will be graduating from NUS in around a year time and so would like to check what starting salary I should be expecting when I graduate. Can all the lao jiaos shed some light on what is the likely starting salary (rough estimate would do) I will be likely to draw in the following sectors:

1. SPF SPO
2. Investigative agencies like CPIB/ CAD
3. Intelligence (SID)
4. Economist Service
5. Other sectors running on the MX scheme

I will be graduating as an NUS econs grad with high fch (~4.9), non-scholar (excluding bondless scholarships by NUS). If I join SPF, will I start of as an INSP or as an ASP? MHA site says INSP but I heard ppl with good honours start of as an ASP?

Also, I heard from many people that civil service is extremely biased towards scholars in terms of career progression. The thing is, I actually applied for PSC scholarship after JC and was dropped after the final interview. But subsequently I was actually offered several ministry scholarships including mha (spf). However, being 19 and not sure of what I want, I did not accept any of them. I did not bother with mid term scholarships as well as my tuition fees is already taken care off by NUS. After going through NS as an MP, and several internships in uni, I actually developed an interest in policing work and is planning to join spf. So if i join without a scholarship, would I lose out in terms of career progression as compared to the scholars? My brother who works in the civil service told me that my stellar grades would only get me a high starting pay, but it won't prevent me from getting stepped over like dirt by the scholars in terms of career progression. If that's the case, is there any other way for me to get myself placed on the same track as the scholars?

Tks for the help!

It is undeniable that overseas scholar have a better progression compared to local uni degree. I have in the public sector for a while and although fresh grads with good work performance and politicking skills can be on par and supersede local scholars. Overseas scholars will progress faster regardless of their work performance.

Unregistered 11-02-2017 09:31 AM

Written Test Topic

Hi,

Does anyone know what type of questions they would ask for a position at MTI? I applied to the Pro - Enterprise Division.

Unregistered 11-02-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94425)
Hi,

Does anyone know what type of questions they would ask for a position at MTI? I applied to the Pro - Enterprise Division.

They have a written test. Would like to understand what to expect. Thanks!

Unregistered 11-02-2017 03:26 PM

May I ask what's is estimated merit increment for first year of mx11?

Unregistered 13-02-2017 12:55 PM

Local 2:2 Degree

How much pay as a customs officer?

Unregistered 16-02-2017 12:08 AM

NTU fresh grad. Will grad in May 2017 with first class. Humanities degree. No previous work exp.

Just got offered a job with MSF. Offered 3.7k male with NS.

Is this considered okay? Or should I negotiate for more? Was offered the job just one day after the panel interview.

Unregistered 16-02-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94641)
NTU fresh grad. Will grad in May 2017 with first class. Humanities degree. No previous work exp.

Just got offered a job with MSF. Offered 3.7k male with NS.

Is this considered okay? Or should I negotiate for more? Was offered the job just one day after the panel interview.

Just take. It is around there. You cant negotiate with the govt really.

Just wait until you get emplaced to get another salary jump in a year or two.

Market rate govt for ministry grad female 1st class is 3.4 to 3.5k. You plus NS u get 3.7k. Take it or leave it.

Unregistered 16-02-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94644)
Just take. It is around there. You cant negotiate with the govt really.

Just wait until you get emplaced to get another salary jump in a year or two.

Market rate govt for ministry grad female 1st class is 3.4 to 3.5k. You plus NS u get 3.7k. Take it or leave it.

Original Poster here. Thanks for the advice. I think I will take it. Seems reasonable and its in line with my passion.

Unregistered 16-02-2017 02:32 PM

I took same pay when i entered civil service, Pass with Merit.

You should ask for more.