Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 11-02-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20612)
I am MX11 $5.2k (should be $5.6k after merit increment in Apr) 29 years old this year. Male 2nd upper (non-scholar).

Am i doing ok relative to my peers??

Does that mean that prior to the pay hike (of 10% for MX11), u were getting $4.7+K ?
Not very okay for MX11 leh. My MX11 colleagues are approximately 6K (plus minus 300) even before the adjustment.

Bean 11-02-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20619)
Does that mean that prior to the pay hike (of 10% for MX11), u were getting $4.7+K ?
Not very okay for MX11 leh. My MX11 colleagues are approximately 6K (plus minus 300) even before the adjustment.

should be ok .

he will only hit 5 years exp with civil service in this june/july2012

With 5 years exp and will hit age 30(1982 batch i suppose) by this year end, even without the 10% wage adjustment, and with only the april merit increment, he shall hit at least 5k @ MX11..

So your MX11 colleague is how years of exp already? Should be more than him?

Unregistered 11-02-2012 01:28 PM

Sorry to trouble everyone, I need some enlightenment on whether the rest if the civil service are getting the pay increment... Any Intel or HR personnel here to share?

Unregistered 11-02-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20620)
should be ok .

he will only hit 5 years exp with civil service in this june/july2012

With 5 years exp and will hit age 30(1982 batch i suppose) by this year end, even without the 10% wage adjustment, and with only the april merit increment, he shall hit at least 5k @ MX11..

So your MX11 colleague is how years of exp already? Should be more than him?

Yup, 5 years to reach 5k is decent.

Unregistered 11-02-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20623)
Sorry to trouble everyone, I need some enlightenment on whether the rest if the civil service are getting the pay increment... Any Intel or HR personnel here to share?

Some of the rest of civil service (in addition to the MXers, which has already been confirmed) will enjoy the market adjustment. Whether these groups include uniformed or other schemes such as economist, legal, etc is anyone's guess. HR is keeping mum...saying that the rest are under review. It ought to be finalized in march or april, with back payment.

Unregistered 11-02-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20623)

Fat hope.. don't dream anymore... Those that is suppose to get the increment has already gotten it.. Those who has got nothing.. Please don't live in denial anymore.. It's not going to happen...

Bean 11-02-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20624)
Yup, 5 years to reach 5k is decent.

ya agree, i can't even hit 4k after 5 years in private sector(ST engineering)

Unregistered 12-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20628)
ya agree, i can't even hit 4k after 5 years in private sector(ST engineering)

Consider jumping ship when the opportunity arises.

But many people stayed on in ST due to its stability and having assimilated into its culture.

Unregistered 12-02-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20627)
Fat hope.. don't dream anymore... Those that is suppose to get the increment has already gotten it.. Those who has got nothing.. Please don't live in denial anymore.. It's not going to happen...

Haha...u must be the one who wrote that civil servants will expect a downward adjustment just a few weeks ago. i am an MX & laughing all the way to the bank at u now. haha

Unregistered 12-02-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20638)
Haha...u must be the one who wrote that civil servants will expect a downward adjustment just a few weeks ago. i am an MX & laughing all the way to the bank at u now. haha

Ha, ha... it only means that your salary was pathetic to begin with and lagging everyone else... That's why gahment bo pian have to finally agree to increase a bit before you hang yourselves... So proud to be underpaid all these years??!!! Ha, ha...