Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-05-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118396)
Thanks for sharing! No worries, strong poly courses to degree is competitive so you also did well at RMIT. Anyway, by comparing just degree outcome, 4.2 for a 2:1 is high! Nice deal you scored :)

Thanks! I believe i was pretty fortunate as well :) But in general, i believe statutory boards that manages industry development will be able to offer higher salaries to their fresh grads too! If it helps with anyone's consideration for selecting stat boards based on salaries. (Though you should consider the overall environment, welfare and progression too)

Unregistered 07-05-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118397)
Thanks! I believe i was pretty fortunate as well :) But in general, i believe statutory boards that manages industry development will be able to offer higher salaries to their fresh grads too! If it helps with anyone's consideration for selecting stat boards based on salaries. (Though you should consider the overall environment, welfare and progression too)

where is the location of the SB? can you drop some hints of the location? thanks!

at 1-N is it?

Unregistered 07-05-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118399)
where is the location of the SB? can you drop some hints of the location? thanks!

at 1-N is it?

haha they were previously at one-north, they've shifted since and merged with another stat board :D

Unregistered 07-05-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118402)
haha they were previously at one-north, they've shifted since and merged with another stat board :D

i see. thanks and all the best for your work! :)

Unregistered 07-05-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118350)
Male, 25 turning on 26 this year.

Offered 4.2k for grade 6 Asst Manager role at one of the SBs that does industry development.

The salary range for grade 6 was 3,200-5,700

Was from SIM-RMIT, graduated last year in aug 2018.

do you know if this SB still have AWS or it had merged to your basic?

Unregistered 07-05-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118395)
I did a diploma in business studies with Ngee Ann poly, but i kinda messed up my grades back then, coupled with the fact that only the top 10% of the yearly poly cohorts could get into the local Universities.

RMIT in singapore doesn’t have an honors program since it’s only for 3 years. They do however, offer a bachelors with distinction for those who score 75% and higher for their GPA. And somewhere equivalent to in the middle of the 2:2 and 2:1 in local universities in relative figures.

hi, anyone can share what does 2:2 and 2:1 means?

Unregistered 07-05-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118422)
hi, anyone can share what does 2:2 and 2:1 means?

2nd upper 2:1
2nd lower 2:2

Honour Degree classifications

Unregistered 07-05-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118420)
do you know if this SB still have AWS or it had merged to your basic?

the 13 AWS is not merged into the gross monthly salary. My SB pays the bonus components in the form of merit increment (performance bonus) and corporate bonus (depending on economic outlook) and the 13th month AWS.

Before everyone starts going gaga, the progress here is said to be pretty slow though as it’s a relatively new statboard, but we do have an additional $100 for personal productivity

Unregistered 07-05-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118427)
the 13 AWS is not merged into the gross monthly salary. My SB pays the bonus components in the form of merit increment (performance bonus) and corporate bonus (depending on economic outlook) and the 13th month AWS.

Before everyone starts going gaga, the progress here is said to be pretty slow though as it’s a relatively new statboard, but we do have an additional $100 for personal productivity

nice! congrates!

Unregistered 07-05-2019 11:41 PM

I'm new with diploma only ... Have experience pay 2.5k grade 14 is it too low for me??
Do they normally go by cert?
I only have diploma does it means my grade n pay will be quite stagnant not much for promotion?