Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-05-2019 07:42 PM

Anyone knows how pro rated bonus is counted?

If i join on 1 May 2019, gross 3k, how much bonus for mid year assuming 0.5x.

Further, if PSD claims that 300 is still pegged on the bonus, would i rwceive it?

Unregistered 02-05-2019 09:06 AM

hi.. i am new to LTA.. understand that there will be avc for mid and end yr.. anyone can share if the payout is the same as what is announce by psd or LTA set its own amount?

Unregistered 02-05-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118073)
hi.. i am new to LTA.. understand that there will be avc for mid and end yr.. anyone can share if the payout is the same as what is announce by psd or LTA set its own amount?

Usually the same.

There are many LTA applicants here. If you are working there already, do share your salary range and qualifications. Cheers

Unregistered 02-05-2019 12:09 PM

Hi fresh graduate here.

Suppose i put an expected salary, would they pay me by my qualification (similar to some posted here) or by my expected. I have no idea what is the market rate so i just put 3.5 for male FCH. Would they lowball me if i do get a job or would they pay me by the scale for their degree holders.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 01:21 PM

Hi, what benefits are there if one receives a MOE teaching scholarship(local)? Are there really huge benefits as compared to non scholar moe teachers?

Unregistered 02-05-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118076)
Usually the same.

There are many LTA applicants here. If you are working there already, do share your salary range and qualifications. Cheers

thanks for sharing. not sure if it is right for me to share the exact figure.

but i am grade 9 principle engineer (not leading any team) drawing around 6.5k. annual package include (pb, avc, mac and aws). according to the HR who recruit me, avg perfomer should be abt 17mth package.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118090)

but i am grade 9 principle engineer (not leading any team) drawing around 6.5k. annual package include (pb, avc, mac and aws). according to the HR who recruit me, avg perfomer should be abt 17mth package.

Wow. Now i know why so many people are interested to join LTA. 17 is quite a fat package.

Thanks for contributing.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118090)

How many years of working experience do you have right now?

Unregistered 02-05-2019 09:44 PM

For reference

From the SIM-UOL thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118091)
I have UOL degree from SIM, FCH.. Applied for SB and asked for $3.5k. Career manager contacted me and if $2.8k is acceptable.?

So Civil Service roughly paying under 3k for a FCH UOL degree.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118095)
How many years of working experience do you have right now?

prior to joining, i have 10 yrs working exp in private sector. was from private uni w NS