Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2015 09:25 PM

21yo, Male
Diploma grad
LTA, SCDF
$1180

Unregistered 12-08-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71424)
i think he is stating the truth. customs is under MOF, salary lower compared to MHA home team uniform units like spf, scdf.

customs dip starting pay: 2.1k (my bro working there)
ica dip starting pay: 2.3k
spf dip starting pay: 2.4k

not to mention home team got sign on bonus of 10-30k as well

lol i was offered that amount few months ago leh.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71437)
lol i was offered that amount few months ago leh.

What's your qualification? You got offer by Singapore Customs too? Fresh grad? You still working there? I am 25yo, currently on 3k contract, pass degree. Joined them after graduation late last year. Should convert to perm soon, hopefully can get at least 3.2k. None of my classmate is in the customs, they see it as "low tier stat board"? Is it true? Am I underpaid for my degree in civil service? You think pass degree got future?

Unregistered 13-08-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71448)
What's your qualification? You got offer by Singapore Customs too? Fresh grad? You still working there? I am 25yo, currently on 3k contract, pass degree. Joined them after graduation late last year. Should convert to perm soon, hopefully can get at least 3.2k. None of my classmate is in the customs, they see it as "low tier stat board"? Is it true? Am I underpaid for my degree in civil service? You think pass degree got future?

Congrats, you enjoyed your SG50 bonus. There is no need to compare with other areas in civil service as you are doing well for a pass degree. Civil service will differentiate between pass degrees and second/first class honours. If you want to do better then join private sector where pass degree may be looked at in the same light as a honours degree and you are likely to get the same salary as your fellow grad colleagues who may have graduated with honours.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

degree is just a stepping stone. However, it plays an important part when you are working in public sector. I second lower nia also feel the impact liao.

But you work two years only got less than $200 increment?

Unregistered 13-08-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

stop comparing yourself with other people. It is an endless cycle. Your first job, 25 years old, you are already earning 3k, not bad already considering it is employers market for the past year. Pass degree can get 200 increment can enjoy already considering good honours grad gets 300-500.

Singapore Customs is definitely not a premium govt board but definitely not a poor one. See it from another angle, you can be the big fish in this small pond! You can transfer to ICA since they are well paid if you are still concern about your pay?

Unregistered 13-08-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

I also graduate from local U with a pass degree but I did not apply for government jobs. My starting is pathetic at $2,300. Your starting is much better than mine.

Unregistered 13-08-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71470)
I also graduate from local U with a pass degree but I did not apply for government jobs. My starting is pathetic at $2,300. Your starting is much better than mine.

Bro, you bluffing isit? People earn 3.2k already got some idiot say he "tok kok". Don't let that fellow see your post, else he will say you "no kok!" But seriously, some people here they have lost touch with sense of reality, the market out there is not that good. If you can get good employment, can go pray and give offerings to your ancestors already!

Unregistered 13-08-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71471)
Bro, you bluffing isit? People earn 3.2k already got some idiot say he "tok kok". Don't let that fellow see your post, else he will say you "no kok!" But seriously, some people here they have lost touch with sense of reality, the market out there is not that good. If you can get good employment, can go pray and give offerings to your ancestors already!

dud no need resort to name calling la, if dont trust me on my offer then this forum can close down Liao. you think i tok kok so be it lor no harm done anyway

Unregistered 13-08-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71476)
dud no need resort to name calling la, if dont trust me on my offer then this forum can close down Liao. you think i tok kok so be it lor no harm done anyway

Cool down everyone! We are here just to share, don't need to be on the offensive or defensive! Having different opinion is normal in a discussion board, just skip if you don't like what you are reading.

For sharing purpose, personally I think 3.2k salary for good hons is reasonable for Singapore Customs, they are after all not the core function of MOF. They are like a sore thumb sticking out for the Money Men.

They used to be under ICA and maybe one day they will be transferred back to MHA and perhaps only then will their salary match that of the Home Team officers.