Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71375)
Anyone can advise me on how much i could ask for in the civil service based on my profile?

Local Uni
1st Class honours
Male/NS
2 years experience with a fortune 500 companies

Thank you

how old are you? honestly CS dont really care about your experience outside, they value their fresh grad scholars more. i think you are realistically a mx13, but if you have connection and ace your interview, got maybe 10% chance for a mx12.

my advice, sign on home team. your profile will easily be in the top 5% of the officers they take in, easy promotion for you as long you dont screw up like the former SCDF or CNB directors.

Unregistered 12-08-2015 02:37 PM

NUS 2:1 Econs
Male/NS
Customs, Superintendent

Unregistered 12-08-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71397)
how old are you? honestly CS dont really care about your experience outside, they value their fresh grad scholars more. i think you are realistically a mx13, but if you have connection and ace your interview, got maybe 10% chance for a mx12.

my advice, sign on home team. your profile will easily be in the top 5% of the officers they take in, easy promotion for you as long you dont screw up like the former SCDF or CNB directors.

I tot is depend on the job that he is applying related to his experience?

Probably I think got chance to hit MX12. Casue two years of experience, I believe they will take into consideration de. Certainly, they still value scholar, but the starting point will be better than fresh grad i guess

Unregistered 12-08-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71402)
Male/NS
Customs, Superintendent

Guess the salary for custom officers is way below as compared to SAF, SPF, Prison, ICA and etc

Unregistered 12-08-2015 03:38 PM

Male/32/S'porean

Former medical registrar in a restructured hospital (till 2014)
8k+/month
average 60hrs+/wk (including on call)

Now a private GP working in a group practice (since 2014)
15k+/month
average 40hrs/wk

Non local doctors (Indian, China, Myanmar, Philippines, Pakistan etc)
3k+/month
average 50-55hrs/wk (including on call)

Now you know why so many 'foreign doctors' roam the restructured hospitals.

Unregistered 12-08-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Male/NS
Customs, Superintendent

Tok cok. 2.2 male with ns already 3.5k Liao.

Unregistered 12-08-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71421)
Tok cok. 2.2 male with ns already 3.5k Liao.

i think he is stating the truth. customs is under MOF, salary lower compared to MHA home team uniform units like spf, scdf.

customs dip starting pay: 2.1k (my bro working there)
ica dip starting pay: 2.3k
spf dip starting pay: 2.4k

not to mention home team got sign on bonus of 10-30k as well

Unregistered 12-08-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Male/NS
Customs, Superintendent

A little too low? SAF offer almost 5k for good honours. But again as someone pointed out Customs cannot compare with the uniform big 3. Don't think customs can even compare with ICA. One of my friend flunk his interviews with ICA, SPF and SCDF ended up at Customs.

Unregistered 12-08-2015 08:57 PM

anyone care to share (for stat board - not sure whether it is applicable in this thread), how stat board distribute 13th month, performance bonus and other bouns?

Thank you

Unregistered 12-08-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71430)
A little too low? SAF offer almost 5k for good honours. But again as someone pointed out Customs cannot compare with the uniform big 3. Don't think customs can even compare with ICA. One of my friend flunk his interviews with ICA, SPF and SCDF ended up at Customs.

Any chance you know about the career path of the average diploma grad officer of the Singapore Customs? Anyone? You all think got chance hit 5-6k?