Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 15-07-2015 09:30 PM

how about dsta? can they make $120k per annum in early 30s?

Unregistered 15-07-2015 09:31 PM

is this only for civil service? how about public service?

Unregistered 15-07-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69990)
is this only for civil service? how about public service?

Public service likely has poorer remuneration than civil service. Bonus less also.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69989)
how about dsta? can they make $120k per annum in early 30s?

how about DSO?, those engineering position like facilities, quality, admin support, with degree, getting how much with 6-8yrs exp? basic? bonus?

shadowdread 15-07-2015 10:43 PM

any one working at singapore custom officer? how much is the salary?. btw im a diploma and completed ns

Unregistered 15-07-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69994)
Public service likely has poorer remuneration than civil service. Bonus less also.

not necessarily true.

just to cite a few examples: LTA basic is higher than many ministries. DOS (statisticians) and MAS has higher bonus.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 11:26 PM

aww man.. but with a engineering degree, can one go into civil service like mindef, or experience from dsta into mindef?

is the pay really much better in civil service than stat board??

Unregistered 16-07-2015 09:45 AM

alot of CSB stories here.

I worked in HR in one of the ministries and very very few people make more than 120k per annum at 33 (non-scholar). 95% of them are still struck at MX11 at that age and the average annum salary of MX11 is around 90k. Their salary is around the top 10% of their age group which we benchmark against.

Working in HR, I know the real 'young' high-flyers' (earners or the top 5%) (whom we are extremely jealous of) and most do not seem like anyone who will 'waste time' on forums to ask about 'how they are doing' (we literally tell them their progression because all of them are very aggressive in doing well and wanting to know their progress) or boast about their high-earning ability in such forums.

And since we gossip quite a lot as well, being in HR, we can roughly guess who are the ones boasting here (if their story were indeed true). So their identity is actually not a secret. lol.

Unregistered 16-07-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70016)
alot of CSB stories here.

I worked in HR in one of the ministries and very very few people make more than 120k per annum at 33 (non-scholar). 95% of them are still struck at MX11 at that age and the average annum salary of MX11 is around 90k. Their salary is around the top 10% of their age group which we benchmark against.

Working in HR, I know the real 'young' high-flyers' (earners or the top 5%) (whom we are extremely jealous of) and most do not seem like anyone who will 'waste time' on forums to ask about 'how they are doing' (we literally tell them their progression because all of them are very aggressive in doing well and wanting to know their progress) or boast about their high-earning ability in such forums.

And since we gossip quite a lot as well, being in HR, we can roughly guess who are the ones boasting here (if their story were indeed true). So their identity is actually not a secret. lol.

yea too good to be true liao. if got 90k per annum at the age of 33, I happy liao

Unregistered 16-07-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69988)
What's your age? NS?

30. Yes NS.