Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 24-08-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144406)
Hi everybody.

Does anyone here have a rough idea of the salary range for Grade 7 in LTA?

And what is grade 7 equivalent to comparing to MX scheme.

grade 7 is equivalence mx12

Unregistered 24-08-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144403)
Hi, I'm a diploma grad with 2 years experience and got offered MX14 2.3K. I'm getting 2.5K (14months) at my previous job and got offer from another company at 2.8K (12+up to 2months).

Should I take the pay cut? And is there chance to get promoted to MX13?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

i suggest you stay at private.. diploma holder join PS really stuck there

Unregistered 24-08-2020 11:03 PM

Need some views on current job market

Hi Bro and Sis,

Can check out with you on the current market situation?

Currently in Stat board and was offered another position in another stat board.
Finally after the interviews & tests, was given the offer but its only 4% increment from my current basic pay.

Can any bros who are looking out verify that the 4% is the current norm ? in IT Sector, ICT jobs.

Thanks for help !

Unregistered 25-08-2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144427)
Hi Bro and Sis,

Can check out with you on the current market situation?

Currently in Stat board and was offered another position in another stat board.
Finally after the interviews & tests, was given the offer but its only 4% increment from my current basic pay.

Can any bros who are looking out verify that the 4% is the current norm ? in IT Sector, ICT jobs.

Thanks for help !

Can we have your age, gender, years of experience, current and offered pay to assess the reasonableness of the offered salary. Tks.

Unregistered 25-08-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144437)
Can we have your age, gender, years of experience, current and offered pay to assess the reasonableness of the offered salary. Tks.

35 this year.
10 plus years experience in IT sector
current is abt 5k
given 5.2k

Unregistered 25-08-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144445)
35 this year.
10 plus years experience in IT sector
current is abt 5k
given 5.2k

I'm 34 this year and my current is 10k. IT private sector. Why not try private sector? Can get a 50% bump with your years of experience.

Unregistered 25-08-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144423)
i suggest you stay at private.. diploma holder join PS really stuck there

Really stuck there? I just accepted an offer at a Min, 1 year work experience and NS, was offered 2.5k, previously earning 2.3k at private. Is there really no progression unless we decide to get degree?

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144407)
I mean... this is obviously the worst offer of the lost if you're even considering it, must be your passion or you're going for stability. Only you'll know what you really want. Of course, somethings can't be bought with money.

MX 13 is Entry level for Deg grad. May take you some time to reach there..

May I ask which Min/SB is that?
What position?

It's a department under MOF so I assume it's a Min. I wasn't even expecting a pay raise but got a pay cut...Is the salary negotiable?

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144450)
Really stuck there? I just accepted an offer at a Min, 1 year work experience and NS, was offered 2.5k, previously earning 2.3k at private. Is there really no progression unless we decide to get degree?

Wow, that's a good offer.. Did you negotiate or they give you 2.5k straight? I was only offered 2.3K (last drawn $2.5K) and taking in AWS & PB still earning lesser than my previous job..

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144455)
Wow, that's a good offer.. Did you negotiate or they give you 2.5k straight? I was only offered 2.3K (last drawn $2.5K) and taking in AWS & PB still earning lesser than my previous job..

Didn't nego, straight away offered me 2.5, took the offer as I thought it was good, I put my expected salary as 2.4,