Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64995)
I was caught in this situation when I was mx11, counldnt crossed 'the bar' cos I was new and only had 1 year of rating. Even though my grade was B, my merit increment was only 4% cos it hit the max of first tier. Then when there was the 5% increment for all mx11, I hit the ceiling for mx11. Before this news came about, I was already told of my consistent good performance and would be recommended for promotion. Got another B and promoted but only $250 promotion increment (3.5%). Sort of feel "unbalance".

I am not sure whether I am 11a or not.

My salary is a bit higher than the ceiling + 250. Am I at 11a?

Unregistered 04-04-2015 12:11 PM

I was previously in another 2 ministries, 7.5yrs experience. Moving to another ministry, there was a pay cut of $400, was earning 4.3k previously. They placed me under mx12, said i have no related experience. Im not familiar with mx scheme, want to ask for mid career switchers, will there be faster promotion?

Pass degree, no NS.

Unregistered 04-04-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65000)
I was previously in another 2 ministries, 7.5yrs experience. Moving to another ministry, there was a pay cut of $400, was earning 4.3k previously. They placed me under mx12, said i have no related experience. Im not familiar with mx scheme, want to ask for mid career switchers, will there be faster promotion?

Pass degree, no NS.

No. Promotion is unlikely to be fast for you since your CEP is likely to be low, given that you only have a pass degree, and given that they are only willing to place you under mx12 despite 7.5yrs experience.

Unregistered 04-04-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64998)
What's the PB when you received a B grading in mx11?

Did you get promoted to mx11a this year?

Pb was 3.5 months. Yes, promoted this year to 11a

Unregistered 04-04-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64995)
I was caught in this situation when I was mx11, counldnt crossed 'the bar' cos I was new and only had 1 year of rating. Even though my grade was B, my merit increment was only 4% cos it hit the max of first tier. Then when there was the 5% increment for all mx11, I hit the ceiling for mx11. Before this news came about, I was already told of my consistent good performance and would be recommended for promotion. Got another B and promoted but only $250 promotion increment (3.5%). Sort of feel "unbalance".

Seems like your boss or HR din think that you should be emplaced on MX11a when it was introed last yr, that's why you were stuck at mx11 ceiling last yr. And when you were promoted this yr, it was thus from mx11 to mx11a.

It is possible to be MX11 early last yr, put on MX11a later last yr when introduced, and then MX10 this yr.

Since your boss and HR didn't emplace you on mx11a last yr, it is unlikely that you have a chance at mx10 this yr even if mx11a wasn't introed. I dun think you were unfairly penalised by the system change.

Unregistered 04-04-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65003)
Seems like your boss or HR din think that you should be emplaced on MX11a when it was introed last yr, that's why you were stuck at mx11 ceiling last yr. And when you were promoted this yr, it was thus from mx11 to mx11a.

It is possible to be MX11 early last yr, put on MX11a later last yr when introduced, and then MX10 this yr.

Since your boss and HR didn't emplace you on mx11a last yr, it is unlikely that you have a chance at mx10 this yr even if mx11a wasn't introed. I dun think you were unfairly penalised by the system change.

Do you know what's the criteria to be emplaced? I heard that it's only for those whose pay fell within thse second half of the original mx11 range (6781 and above). Can anyone kindly verify and/or share?

Unregistered 04-04-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65000)

Pass degree, no NS.

What's your age and current pay (including the apr 2015 increment). Are you currently still in mx12?

Unregistered 04-04-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65007)
What's your age and current pay (including the apr 2015 increment). Are you currently still in mx12?

No i was previously under a diff scheme within the service. 28, 4.3k as of dec 2014, resigned to go overseas, decided to come back. Nvr been in mx scheme, jus feel that the pay cut is too big, the hr quoted that i have no related experience, was hoping to see if mid career switch have faster promo.

Unregistered 04-04-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65010)
No i was previously under a diff scheme within the service. 28, 4.3k as of dec 2014, resigned to go overseas, decided to come back. Nvr been in mx scheme, jus feel that the pay cut is too big, the hr quoted that i have no related experience, was hoping to see if mid career switch have faster promo.

So if I'm Understanding you correctly, you have been offered a position on Mx scheme with a salary of 3.9k in mx12? When did you obtain your degree?

Unregistered 04-04-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65012)
So if I'm Understanding you correctly, you have been offered a position on Mx scheme with a salary of 3.9k in mx12? When did you obtain your degree?

Degree obtained in 2012, could tt be a reason?