Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:44 AM

Hi there,

I have just joined SB recently and I would like to check what is the percentage increment for grade C, Grade C+ and Grade B.

Thank you!

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144456)
Didn't nego, straight away offered me 2.5, took the offer as I thought it was good, I put my expected salary as 2.4,

That's good, all the best to you!

Unregistered 25-08-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144445)
35 this year.
10 plus years experience in IT sector
current is abt 5k
given 5.2k

30 this year and my current is 15k. IT private sector. You can definitely go better with private. Don't be shortchanged

Unregistered 26-08-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144459)
Hi there,

I have just joined SB recently and I would like to check what is the percentage increment for grade C, Grade C+ and Grade B.

Thank you!

Depends on the SB and depends on your grade.

Unregistered 26-08-2020 04:29 PM

I am a 25 year old private Uni grad with NS and was offered $3.7K in an SB. First job.

Unregistered 26-08-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144540)
I am a 25 year old private Uni grad with NS and was offered $3.7K in an SB. First job.

Congrats! Mind sharing the SB is under which parent ministry? Thanks!

Unregistered 26-08-2020 09:19 PM

Hi fellow netizen,

Would like seek some earnest opinion and any personal experience of below encounter.

I got an offer from one of the SBs, and it turn out to be a 3rd party contract with 1 year term.

The pay raise is about 30% of my current draw which coming from SB as well.

Looking at short run, the hike is definitely entice one to jump ship, moreover the job nature is close to similar.

On a further foresight, it's only 1 year contract which warrant zero job security. However, the headhunter assure that its renewable and possibility to cross to perm staff is high for a Sporean.

Regards

Unregistered 26-08-2020 09:19 PM

Hi fellow netizens,

Would like seek some earnest opinion and any personal experience of below encounter.

I got an offer from one of the SBs, and it turn out to be a 3rd party contract with 1 year term.

Looking at short run, the hike is definitely entice one to jump ship, moreover the job nature is close to similar.

On a further foresight, it's only 1 year contract which warrant zero job security. However, the headhunter assure that its renewable and possibility to cross to perm staff is high for a Sporean.

Regards

Unregistered 26-08-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144561)
Hi fellow netizens,

Regards

I think you should check with the hiring SB directly on whether the contract is renewable or project-based or worst, SGUnited job which is meant to be temporary. Dun just listen blindly to the headhunter.

Unregistered 27-08-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144445)
35 this year.
10 plus years experience in IT sector
current is abt 5k
given 5.2k

The fresh grads at Govtech are alr making $4.9k