Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 21-07-2015 10:11 AM

btw, another way for u to hit 7k by 35 even if u r ave performer is to quit CS halfway, join private sector and then go back to CS.

We 'like' this private aspect of you and would usu agree to increase your salary to more 10% of your current salary, so an easy 10% increment even if you are just average.

Unregistered 21-07-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70306)
lol at thinking that most CS (including those with NS) have 7k at age 33. unless u an ave high performer, MOST people are are 5-6k at that age even if they joined at 24 (after NS).

the keyword is MOST (90%), some (8%) will reach 7-9k by 35 and the elites (2%) will have >10k salary by 35.

so if you are one of the few lousy useless person who suck his/her way to the top (which is why u r so free to post here), dont paint an overall nice picture for people genuinely looking for advice.

we know that not that all those who reach 7-9k by age 35 are motivated individuals who dont waste time on such forums but just leeching on others and sucking their bosses off and the HR knows. We gossip so much on them behind their backs we wonder why they never die from ears being over itchy or sneezing all the way to their death.

i myself only reach 6k after around 10 yrs in CS and im 34 this year. and yes, im an ave performer but 90% are anyway.

u forgot not everyone is on the same scale. 6k after 10 years means i need to get $50 increment every year from my current salary. we know that's impossible.

Unregistered 21-07-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70323)
u forgot not everyone is on the same scale. 6k after 10 years means i need to get $50 increment every year from my current salary. we know that's impossible.

So now, you are getting $5.5k at the age of 25yrs old?

Unregistered 21-07-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70323)

scholar spotted!!!!!!

onesnihe 21-07-2015 06:38 PM

Symptoms enclosure lymphadenitis, leak restored.

[url=://flagyl-online-buy.net/]Buy Metronidazole[/ <a href="://priligy-cheapest-price-buy.org/">Dapoxetine Online</a> ://lasix-buy-online.net/

Unregistered 21-07-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70329)
scholar spotted!!!!!!

I know a few who are not scholars but getting similar pay. They should easily pass 6k by 30. MX scheme pays the lowest.

Unregistered 21-07-2015 10:08 PM

Dont really understand this discussion about the 7k. I m 32 and drawing slightly more than that. Don't see anything special about myself either. Just the run of the mill uni grad with decent honours and am part of the civil service rank and file.

Unregistered 21-07-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70349)
Dont really understand this discussion about the 7k. I m 32 and drawing slightly more than that. Don't see anything special about myself either. Just the run of the mill uni grad with decent honours and am part of the civil service rank and file.

Are you in mx11 or mx11a?

Unregistered 22-07-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70349)

My conclusion then is that civil servants are overpaid.

Unregistered 22-07-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70371)
My conclusion then is that civil servants are overpaid.

Please apply to join if you think so. Same goes for any private sector job. If you think the job is overpaid, wouldn't you want to apply and get overpaid too? Or perhaps you were rejected and feeling bitter? I'm not shy to say I was rejected from bank jobs which would have also "overpaid" me. What to do? I wasn't good enough. Had to settle for something that paid less.