Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-09-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256682)
Hi, if I am hired in Aug, would I be eligible for year end payout and 13th month this year? Understand first year by default performance rating is C, roughly how much is it? Mx12

Yes…prorated….mx12 -1.5 months

Unregistered 25-09-2023 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 256726)
anyone can shed light on the rankings in mnd?

Based on what i gathered, it's m followed by ad, sad, dd etc.

There doesn't seem to be am or sm but i'm not sure if i'm correct

also, ad is considered mx__?

sad - mx11a/mx10
ad - mx11
m -mx12

Unregistered 28-09-2023 07:44 AM

Anyone know fresh uni grad join cpf as what title?

Unregistered 29-09-2023 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256343)
I am another reader. This is my first time joining civil service. 1st year I get C-. Feels like quitting as well to join private sector. But if quit will I be branded as C- for life and can't join public sector anymore in future?

I got a C- under a chui boss in ministry.
I subsequent quit and join a statboard, after the initial average grade for 2 years, managed to subsequently get As 3 years in a row then get promoted to the payscale at 8.2k a month with 5 months pb

Unregistered 29-09-2023 03:19 PM

Advise pls

Hi guys,

I'm seeking some advice and insights from those with experience in the public sector. I've been with my current agency for nearly 2 years, located at western part of sg and the reality of the workload has been quite different from what I initially gathered from the job description on career@gov.

Currently, my days are consumed by a continuous stream of emails, which doesn't align with the sense of purpose and value I was hoping to find in my work. I'm looking for sbs that offers both a fulfilling sense of purpose in the work I do, as well as a reasonable workload that allows for a healthy work-life balance.

Could anyone suggest which sb/min that they believe prioritize value in the work, effective management, and maintain a good work-life balance?

Unregistered 30-09-2023 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257074)
Hi guys,

I'm seeking some advice and insights from those with experience in the public sector. I've been with my current agency for nearly 2 years, located at western part of sg and the reality of the workload has been quite different from what I initially gathered from the job description on career@gov.

Currently, my days are consumed by a continuous stream of emails, which doesn't align with the sense of purpose and value I was hoping to find in my work. I'm looking for sbs that offers both a fulfilling sense of purpose in the work I do, as well as a reasonable workload that allows for a healthy work-life balance.

Could anyone suggest which sb/min that they believe prioritize value in the work, effective management, and maintain a good work-life balance?

U are searching for the holy grail. It doesn't exist.

Unregistered 30-09-2023 07:57 PM

Let us know once you find it. All of us would like paradise too..

Quote:

Hi guys,

Unregistered 01-10-2023 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257033)
I got a C- under a chui boss in ministry.
I subsequent quit and join a statboard, after the initial average grade for 2 years, managed to subsequently get As 3 years in a row then get promoted to the payscale at 8.2k a month with 5 months pb

U got C- at ministry. The next SB that you joined did not flagged this up and hired you? How can this be?

Unregistered 01-10-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257216)
U got C- at ministry. The next SB that you joined did not flagged this up and hired you? How can this be?

Fake one lor…what else

Unregistered 01-10-2023 05:07 PM

Quote:

Hi guys,

I would recommend that you apply for DXO positions that directly deals with daily operations. it will be fast paced, dynamic and you can feel value that you are contributing to 24/7 national defence. workload is still reasonable, dont really have to OT, 8-5 job. Can choose Navy or Airforce. Army abit more less stress as mostly is training, while the other 2 is doing defence operations 24/7.