Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-10-2023 11:46 PM

Just joined a stat board and realised that I will hit ceiling in 2-3 year. Will it be easy to ask for promotion when I hit ceiling if I'm just an average performer?

Unregistered 04-10-2023 12:57 AM

What's the expected salary for 5YoE entering PUB?

Unregistered 04-10-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257432)
Just joined a stat board and realised that I will hit ceiling in 2-3 year. Will it be easy to ask for promotion when I hit ceiling if I'm just an average performer?

I assume you are joining mid-career, hence why they may be paying you towards the top of your range?

In any case, increments may slow down the nearer one is to the cap, and so it may take you longer to hit the ceiling than you think.

Also, gunning for a promotion is a journey and not an overnight thing. Unless you are exceptional in your work, in which your boss is happy to write a personal recommendation to the CE or PS, who has to agree. Otherwise, it usually takes 2 to 3 years to get a person to the promotion line. This is because the HR has to consider two key factors: 1) fairness to other civil servants, and 2) depending on your grade, whether you hit certain prerequisites like 2x B performance grades in consecutive years before you can be considered for promotion.

Unregistered 04-10-2023 07:52 PM

Hi, under HRP can see the salary range, for e.g. 4000 to 6000. from this piece of info, any way to gauge the annual MI ? say average performer and currently earning 4500. Thanks

Unregistered 04-10-2023 08:51 PM

Temasek interview process

Hi everyone, anyone applied before to Temasek Holdings for an experienced hire role? Have done first round of interview but now waiting a month to hear something back, no rejection email yet. Is this positive? How long do they usually take? TIA

Unregistered 04-10-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257485)
Hi, under HRP can see the salary range, for e.g. 4000 to 6000. from this piece of info, any way to gauge the annual MI ? say average performer and currently earning 4500. Thanks

The MI is determined by your performance grade. So a C gets about a 3% increment, B gets about a 4% increment. Use this to multiply by your current salary. Of course there are other factors, but its largely as stated above.

Unregistered 05-10-2023 12:04 PM

Anyone here got a promotion in terms of title & salary increment when jumping from 1 stat board to another? Appreciate your guys input

Unregistered 05-10-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257443)
What's the expected salary for 5YoE entering PUB?

Think twice..

Unregistered 06-10-2023 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256362)
I was offered 7.5 for 6YOE

Whats your 6yrs exp on?

Unregistered 07-10-2023 08:47 PM

Given that the top management are likely to be from within the organisation.
Is there a salary limit where CS/PS are unlikely to take in mid-careers?

Of course we are not talking about the white horses that might be parachuted in....