Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-08-2023 06:14 PM

I received an offer from a gov agency for a tech role. Fresh grad from local uni: 5.3k

I know this is lower than what govtech is offering. Generally for other gov agencies do tech roles pay similar to 5.3k?

What are the chances of transferring to govtech in future? Is it possible to transfer ministries etc.?

Unregistered 22-08-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254446)
I received an offer from a gov agency for a tech role. Fresh grad from local uni: 5.3k

I know this is lower than what govtech is offering. Generally for other gov agencies do tech roles pay similar to 5.3k?

What are the chances of transferring to govtech in future? Is it possible to transfer ministries etc.?

5.3k for fresh grad still low? I saw someone in earlier post mentioned that he/she with local uni masters joined LTA gets 3.9k only leh..

Unregistered 22-08-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254447)
5.3k for fresh grad still low? I saw someone in earlier post mentioned that he/she with local uni masters joined LTA gets 3.9k only leh..

Ohh but I'm comparing for tech! No doubt swe and tech jobs are a bit higher now...

Unregistered 22-08-2023 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254448)
Ohh but I'm comparing for tech! No doubt swe and tech jobs are a bit higher now...

Wow didn't know the starting pays could be sooo much different.. 😱

Unregistered 22-08-2023 10:59 PM

Quote:

Lol that's not low. Some more fresh grad. Count your blessings

Unregistered 23-08-2023 03:22 AM

Quote:

But what’s your total annual package? I believe that’s a more accurate way to tell if your offer is competitive. Some SB give below average monthly salary but make up by having more performance or other bonuses, which can go as far as 18 months in total package

Unregistered 23-08-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Govtech offers higher is due to them lumping various components like 13th month and other bonuses to split into 12months to mark up the monthly to attract people. You need to look into the overall annual package. Also, do read on reviews on GovTech first and see if the lifestyle and culture suits you. If not, i can guarantee you will sure regret.

Unregistered 23-08-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Govtech structure is different, they don't have mid year and AVC if i am not wrong. You need to also check in what other bonuses they have and what is the general mths of bonuses. Some dept only have 2 months bonuses and that's it.

Unregistered 25-08-2023 08:28 PM

Quote:

dude 5.3 is considered very high what are you on about

Unregistered 25-08-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254630)
dude 5.3 is considered very high what are you on about

Hi guys really appreciate the responses so far.

I know this might sound rude, but not my intention. My comparison was with the TECH industry, that generally pays higher. Hence 5.3 is not really 'high' for a tech role (even fresh grad).

I know that 5.3 is higher than most entry level gov jobs.