Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-08-2023 07:37 PM

Lmao people here take MAC as granted and unique to LTA, I’m sure other SB also has similar incentives but under a different name or structure. MAC is there because the base salary at LTA is pathetically low, and the payout is dependent on economic outlook, job market, etc. and not everyone receives it. Some years there’s no MAC at all, so if average out over the years the MAC is probably <1 mth.

Also, IT always receive much higher MAC than engineering division in their comfortable office without having to suffer night works and the high project workload and stress

Unregistered 16-08-2023 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254103)
Lmao people here take MAC as granted and unique to LTA, I’m sure other SB also has similar incentives but under a different name or structure. MAC is there because the base salary at LTA is pathetically low, and the payout is dependent on economic outlook, job market, etc. and not everyone receives it. Some years there’s no MAC at all, so if average out over the years the MAC is probably <1 mth.

Also, IT always receive much higher MAC than engineering division in their comfortable office without having to suffer night works and the high project workload and stress

The only year I know where no MAC is given was 2019 or 2020 during covid. After the high resignation rate, MAC was given again.

Unregistered 16-08-2023 09:15 PM

Quote:

I thought MAC in LTA (excl the 2 Covid years) is around 1.5 averagely?

Hmm with these 5 components incl AWS, year-end bonus, mid year bonus, PB & MAC the total bonus is abt 5+ to 7 mths not considered low right?

Unregistered 17-08-2023 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254082)
hello all,
between mas, govtech and imda, which one is harder to get in?

avoid imda at all costs pls.. govtech has preference for com sci grads, mas is quite hard to get in

Unregistered 17-08-2023 10:09 PM

Quote:

True. MAC is unique to LTA but all other agency got their own term and name and

Unregistered 17-08-2023 10:54 PM

typically if a current civil servant wants to quit and join another ministry or statboard after end of contract not via movement policy. How many months in advance would you start applying and go for interviews?

Assuming that you want to start work after contract ends immediately with no gaps, and also want to complete current contract fully.

Unregistered 18-08-2023 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254195)
avoid imda at all costs pls.. govtech has preference for com sci grads, mas is quite hard to get in

I heard that if can get into MAS or MTI, you are probably one of the elites. I thought Govtech pays well so they will get elites too but seems not?

Unregistered 18-08-2023 03:31 PM

anybody know AGD good anot?
applying for their finance associate program.
What can i expect for the essay and interview?

Unregistered 18-08-2023 03:57 PM

Quote:

There are many who don't even have MAC to begin with.

Unregistered 22-08-2023 04:35 PM

Pay increment

Hi! If I’m moving from one SB to another, how much pay increment can I expect? Anybody with such experience? Thanks!