Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 21-01-2016 10:21 AM

does anyone know the pay scheme for a degree holder with few years exp for LTA is like? To say assistant manager, deputy manager and manager. Thanks!

Unregistered 22-01-2016 03:14 AM

Nusgrad

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONKERSBOY (Post 64458)
Thank you very much guys. Honestly I didn expect that much backlash. I worked really hard in SIM-RMIT (got a GPA of 2.1 in Temasek poly) and went on to be in the top 20 of the cohort, thus eligible for distinction degree. It was a difficult 2 years there.

yes , i agree its a easier way, provided u get at least a FCH from SIM-UOL or Distinction from SIM-RMIT. And yes, the pay will be higher, as shown in my job offer cos its a masters from NTU after all.

Precisely, an assistant manager is just a title inflation in the civil service; abelit with a higher pay. (An entry level position in MTI is already an assistant director position).

I just hope that SIM ppl can look forward to great careers even if its just SIM. I do often face doubts when I tell ppl I am 25 and gonna earn 3.9k, just because I was from SIM.

Bloody hell. You are just a SUBSTANDARD degree holder from a long distance unknown Uni and you can become an AM? What is happening to meritocracy? I am from NUS second upper and still couldn't secure a job in CS.. We need to make complain to tighten up the process otherwise it is not fair for us local grads who have slogged it out for many years to study hard

Unregistered 22-01-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78513)
Bloody hell. You are just a SUBSTANDARD degree holder from a long distance unknown Uni and you can become an AM? What is happening to meritocracy? I am from NUS second upper and still couldn't secure a job in CS.. We need to make complain to tighten up the process otherwise it is not fair for us local grads who have slogged it out for many years to study hard

Hey stupid, meritocracy is not about how hard u work, It's about showing result. Either u r applying for roles that are out of ur league or ur interviewing skill sucks.

Unregistered 22-01-2016 07:44 AM

Hi

Can't find much information about MPA (maritime and port authority of Singapore). Wonder anyone working there can share their culture and opportunities available? And whether it follows similar pay scheme? Thanks!

Unregistered 22-01-2016 08:30 AM

MI

Joined ministry in jun 2014. Received full increment in jun 2015. Like to check for the upcoming increment in Mar/Apr, will i get a prorated increment? If yes, how many months? What is the merit increment appraisal cycle? Pls advise!!

Unregistered 22-01-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78513)

It is precisely your way and attitude that does not bring calm to your situation.

Using such strong words on others instead of reflecting on how you address your jobhunt shows the level of maturity you are.

In all fairness, there's an equal amount of incompetant graduates from both sides. HR is suppose to fish out the candidates for their respective organisation. It is just a fact of life that local grads are given more accredation and priorty.

If you are already a local grad, take advantage of your academic background and work harder to improve your standings and not just criticise others.

FYI, I have been out of job for 6months. Pte uni too. I am not complaining about local grads. They earned it and my job is to prove I am serious about earning mine too.

Peace and God bless all job seekers in this difficult times.

Unregistered 22-01-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78517)
Joined ministry in jun 2014. Received full increment in jun 2015. Like to check for the upcoming increment in Mar/Apr, will i get a prorated increment? If yes, how many months? What is the merit increment appraisal cycle? Pls advise!!

u can check with hr for the info, y ask here?

Unregistered 22-01-2016 03:59 PM

Questions

Hi all

I am a fresh grad job seeker and have applied for several positions opening in the civil service through careers.gov.

Can I ask if I need to upload my academic transcripts and degree cert for a successful application and to get the interview?

Moreover, how long will I need to wait to get a response or call for interview? I applied for all these jobs one week ago.

Please advice as I know the economy is not doing well thus turning to gahmen job.

Unregistered 22-01-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78551)
Hi all

I am a fresh grad job seeker and have applied for several positions opening in the civil service through careers.gov.

Can I ask if I need to upload my academic transcripts and degree cert for a successful application and to get the interview?

Moreover, how long will I need to wait to get a response or call for interview? I applied for all these jobs one week ago.

Please advice as I know the economy is not doing well thus turning to gahmen job.

Even you upload your birth cert also doesnt mean you will get an interview! basically you just have to fill in the details at your profile; mainly you kind of degree, lower or upper, etc. you want you also can slowly key in your wonderful results. at the upload section just your cover letter, resume and testimonials (if have).

if the auto email say 8 weeks then give yourself 8 weeks. normally if they find you suitable, probably 2 weeks after you submit they will contact you already. Few will wake till closing date actually.

Unregistered 22-01-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78555)
Even you upload your birth cert also doesnt mean you will get an interview! basically you just have to fill in the details at your profile; mainly you kind of degree, lower or upper, etc. you want you also can slowly key in your wonderful results. at the upload section just your cover letter, resume and testimonials (if have).

if the auto email say 8 weeks then give yourself 8 weeks. normally if they find you suitable, probably 2 weeks after you submit they will contact you already. Few will wake till closing date actually.

Thanks for this, really help me understand how this works. Another question is if I change my phone number in a couple of weeks because I am returning from the country of the Uni where I graduated how do I update my new contact details? Don't want them to call a void number later when I go back home. Will they email at least? Or if they call can't get through they give he next alternative candidate the interview? Really appreciate your depth of experience in answers.