Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273682)
I believe your sponsored degree is recognised within your own ministry right? If you want to leave your current and to have your degree recognised in another stat board or ministry, you cannot go through the transfer programme, instead, you have to go through the fresh hire path which means your extended leave benefits and salary package will not be transferrable. Also, the starting pay package that they will likely offer you will be based on a fresh grad kind of starting salary which yes, might be lower than your current one. Your previous 12 years exp while holding on to a diploma may not be fully taken into consideration because if you are applying for a role which requires a degree, usually HR only consider the years of experience after you have obtained your degree. If the role you interviewed has relevancy to the previous 12 years, the HR may consider you to have some experience and offer you a slightly higher than fresh grad pay.

It all depends on how you see this matter in the long term. You want to take a pay cut now and have a wider progression path and longer retirement age or you didn't want to have a pay cut and don't mind having a shorter retirement age.

I was from the diploma path and obtained a degree later on my own and rejoined the PS as a "fresh hire grad"

Thanks for sharing. At what age did you rejoin?

Unregistered 03-04-2024 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273701)
Thanks for sharing. At what age did you rejoin?

Unregistered 03-04-2024 11:15 PM

Htx here 3 year in earning 7000. I love being an associate I basically do the same stuff just abit more fluff and I get more money than the normal engineer hires lol

Unregistered 05-04-2024 07:43 AM

Could anyone compare the annual pay and career progression of a software engineer role in URA, LTA and IMDA please? got offers from these three statboards with similar base pay, would like to hear more in-depth views from you guys. Thanks!

Unregistered 05-04-2024 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273902)
Could anyone compare the annual pay and career progression of a software engineer role in URA, LTA and IMDA please? got offers from these three statboards with similar base pay, would like to hear more in-depth views from you guys. Thanks!

ura lta then imda

though none of the three are the best options.

Unregistered 05-04-2024 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273903)
ura lta then imda

though none of the three are the best options.

Thanks for your advice! I will have to pick one from them as I have no better offers yet.

do you mind to further explain why URA > LTA > IMDA in terms of pay and prospect please?

Unregistered 05-04-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273902)

Would advise you not to just look at job and prospect, but also read about the agency culture because if the agency culture is bad, no matter how good is the money, you also will leave. There are threads about LTA and IMDA over here.

Unregistered 05-04-2024 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273922)
Thanks for your advice! I will have to pick one from them as I have no better offers yet.

do you mind to further explain why URA > LTA > IMDA in terms of pay and prospect please?

if you read the lta and imda thread, you would already know why not to.

Unregistered 05-04-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273928)
Would advise you not to just look at job and prospect, but also read about the agency culture because if the agency culture is bad, no matter how good is the money, you also will leave. There are threads about LTA and IMDA over here.

Good point. As for me, I was referred by my friend for IMDA role, who shared with me the team's culture actually quite good though I did see many bad comments about the top management.

At my current stage, I care more about the annual pay as I might hop again after 2-5 years, so would like to hear more about their bonus structure and promotion frequency etc.

really appreciate your advice!

Unregistered 05-04-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273933)
Good point. As for me, I was referred by my friend for IMDA role, who shared with me the team's culture actually quite good though I did see many bad comments about the top management.

At my current stage, I care more about the annual pay as I might hop again after 2-5 years, so would like to hear more about their bonus structure and promotion frequency etc.

really appreciate your advice!

I think if u are just the karkia and working level, maybe u won't need to interact with the senior mgmt then won't feel so much from it

But your boss, might feel the heat and rush u to deliver the work required then all sink together