Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271037)
Found out that I was not going to be emplaced when my 2 years contract is due.
Sincerely looking for advice on what I should do.

When I first joined this ministry 2 years ago, I was told that officers would be emplaced (usually) after 2 years of contract. However, I was now told that I cannot be emplaced due to some HR policy and cap. So I was over another 2 years of contract.
I also recently found out from other colleagues that there won’t be any renewal after 4 years of contract so that means if I’m not emplaced after this round of contract, I can say goodbye to this ministry - I have since confirmed this with the HR and it’s true.

Feeling really bummed about it as I really wanted to do this as my career.

I still have a large ongoing project that I would love to see it to completion but also wondering about my career development and in a dilemma on whether I should stay on and hope to get emplace after this 2 year renewed contract or just leave this year and find other opportunities.

There are multiple push and pull factors, I love my job and what I’m doing but I’m also stuck with a very bad boss that doesn’t care about growing the staff.
But I also feel bad for leaving with the project still incomplete.

Appreciate any helpful advice on what I should do pls!

i was in the same situation as u. for my case i have been with the ministry for almost 5 years. starting they gave excuses saying headcount freeze thereafter they will find many different excuses saying u never do your work properly so as not to renew u. better to find new workplace rather than wait for them to terminate u and give u poor grading

Unregistered 31-03-2024 06:42 PM

private tech firm does not offer stability, we undergo restructuring every other quarter, I'm currently in the stage of family planning, therefore don't mind taking a pay cut if I can have a predictable and stable work life, more importantly no night calls and will be able to leave work on time.

Hoping to find a ministry role that can offer the flexibility for me to step back for a while, and then step up again for a bigger role when kid finally grows up. is that too much to ask?

Unregistered 31-03-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273150)
32 no NS 9YOE interested in Min / SB e.g. MTI, MAS, EDB

priority on work life balance + stability, should I only be looking at AD/SAD roles? what is the overall package like? need some advices.

currently with private tech drawing 150k p.a. not including equity

LOL at wanting WLB and high pay.

You cant get WLB with your current pay in the government service.

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273150)
32 no NS 9YOE interested in Min / SB e.g. MTI, MAS, EDB

priority on work life balance + stability, should I only be looking at AD/SAD roles? what is the overall package like? need some advices.

currently with private tech drawing 150k p.a. not including equity

at best 100k package with 9yo

Unregistered 31-03-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273274)
at best 100k package with 9yo

U r right…at least 33% pay cut….plus it will be contract basis

Unregistered 31-03-2024 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273255)
private tech firm does not offer stability, we undergo restructuring every other quarter, I'm currently in the stage of family planning, therefore don't mind taking a pay cut if I can have a predictable and stable work life, more importantly no night calls and will be able to leave work on time.

Hoping to find a ministry role that can offer the flexibility for me to step back for a while, and then step up again for a bigger role when kid finally grows up. is that too much to ask?

you can have what you stated - stability and worklife balance, as long as you are able to accept:

1. a substantial paycut of 30% or more
2. hired on contract basis, with some risk of no renewal after it ends

some additional pointers for you to know...nowadays most new hires are on contract, not perm. so the stability part is actually not 100%. and depending on the ministry you join, you may also still need to OT occasionally. even if you have the option to refuse, it will be reflected in your performance grade somehow.

of course, you might be lucky enough to get an insignificant paycut (or perhaps one might even match your pay) and you could also get emplaced permanently.

with these information on possibilities and risks, you decide for yourself if it is too much to ask for? :)

Unregistered 01-04-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271415)
this is a jump of 2 grades, it should be MX12 to MX11 to MX 11A

to answer your question, i recall the ceiling of MX12 of $6.2k is the bottom of MX11A pay grade

Okay. I shall wait for the official letter then. Really not sure how this mx grade works? Is there mx11b?

Unregistered 01-04-2024 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273357)
Okay. I shall wait for the official letter then. Really not sure how this mx grade works? Is there mx11b?

After MX11a will be MX10

Unregistered 02-04-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273484)
After MX11a will be MX10

some agencies called it mx11b, some agencies just call it mx11

Unregistered 02-04-2024 02:34 PM

annual increment

Can share what is your annual increment in Apr for MX11a for C+ performance?