Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 09-10-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232314)
Thanks :) job title says Assistant director so i assumed it's roughly mx11 equivalent

Any idea if private uni grads are discriminated when it comes to annual increments?

I'm quite keen due to the iron rice bowl nature, but a bit worried that I'll be like a "second class" citizen when it comes to annual increments and progression

The posts on this thread give the impression that nus/ntu/smu degrees are much more favored in gov roles

Are you in some tech role? Very few agencies can pay so high as far as i know

Unregistered 10-10-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232352)
Are you in some tech role? Very few agencies can pay so high as far as i know

I'm in a rather specialized function within finance.

I thought gov related roles have standardised benchmark/pay range for each rank?

I was under the impression that another AD of the same age should have more or less the same salary (except FCH or scholars of cos)

Unregistered 11-10-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232423)

I thought gov related roles have standardised benchmark/pay range for each rank?

I was under the impression that another AD of the same age should have more or less the same salary (except FCH or scholars of cos)

A tax role?

Unregistered 12-10-2022 10:24 AM

Hi, has anyone applied TGP and chose Building & Infra as their first choice? How long did it take for the HR to contact u and schedule for interview? Pls help this poor soul out. TIA

Unregistered 12-10-2022 04:06 PM

Anyone knows what's the salary range for an AD in people's association?

Unregistered 12-10-2022 10:45 PM

Are university scholarship recipients e.g. nanyang/nus scholarship recipients looked upon favourably in terms of career progression?

Unregistered 13-10-2022 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232522)
Are university scholarship recipients e.g. nanyang/nus scholarship recipients looked upon favourably in terms of career progression?

no differences . same as the rest

Unregistered 13-10-2022 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232522)

Yes, because of your excellent academic results and scholar status

Unregistered 13-10-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232563)
Yes, because of your excellent academic results and scholar status

Don't anyhow smoke people lah. this type no count one.

Unregistered 13-10-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232423)

ok now makes sense. must be MAS