Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-11-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259848)
What is the usual policy on clearing leave vs encashing leave after you tender your resignation? Are you expected to clear your leave during your notice period or not take leave and encash them?

This is with the context of not wanting to burn any bridges with the existing agency.

What is the general sensing regarding this or is it very much dependent on the team and the RO?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Some factors to consider if can encash or not:
1) balance of paid leaves
2) duration to hand over your responsibilities
3) RO, team, and HR discretion

Example
Notice period = 1 month (est 20 working days)
Balance paid leaves = 18 days
Duration to handover responsibilities = 14 working days
Therefore, 20-14 = 6 days to clear the balance paid leaves, and encash the remaining 12 days.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 09:35 AM

For say 10 years experience, what can be expected range for PUB Senior or Lead Engineer role? Is Senior = MX 11 and Lead = MX11A?

Unregistered 09-11-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259918)
Very unlikely you will be able to get a pay revision if you are jumping from the same pay scheme, UNLESS the new Ministry is willing to take you in at a new grade. E.g. MX11 (SM) to MX11A (AD).

thanks, appreciate the reply. so there must be a grade change if in the same pay scheme. Will structure matter/doing roles above current grade but there is no above grade to "promote" you yet (hence, the wish to jump to new org with those title/grade) ? E.g senior exec doing assistant mgr job, mgr doing senior mgr job.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260061)
thanks, appreciate the reply. so there must be a grade change if in the same pay scheme. Will structure matter/doing roles above current grade but there is no above grade to "promote" you yet (hence, the wish to jump to new org with those title/grade) ? E.g senior exec doing assistant mgr job, mgr doing senior mgr job.

So you are talking about a grade change because of a change in role. E.g. you are SM (11) individual contributor for a number of years and you are applying to a AD (11A) role with managerial responsibilities.

It's possible that the new org will consider but they will likely check for parity - e.g. how many years in current role, previous performance grades and RO's feedback with regards to leadership/managerial capabilities. Best to verify with HR of new org.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 07:39 PM

Got grade C+ on my first year (since Jan). My boss told me very rarely people get C+ on their first year, can anyone confirm this is true? Or she's just saying this to make me happy?

Unregistered 09-11-2023 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260088)
Got grade C+ on my first year (since Jan). My boss told me very rarely people get C+ on their first year, can anyone confirm this is true? Or she's just saying this to make me happy?

Its true, congrats. Your bosses fought for a better grade for you.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260088)

Pls la. I got A during my first appraisal when I moved to civil service from private.

See your boss fight for you or not

Unregistered 09-11-2023 10:55 PM

Hi all.

I'm a current Econ PhD candidate, tentative graduation date May 2025. My current plan is to start searching for jobs in Jan 2024, ideally get interviews scheduled in May-July when I'm back in Singapore. Does this seem like a feasible action plan? Is it possible to secure a job offer in August 2024 for a start date like 9 months later? If it is possible, I can use that to leverage an earlier graduation.

Unregistered 09-11-2023 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 259680)
you sure paycut? the news are everywhere, indeed join govtech with higher pay, go check reddit sg

You are mistaken. They joined govtech with higher pay than other normal govtechies. But even with the higher pay it is still a big pay cut. My friend 8 yoe from 300k drop to only 180k in govtech. But his package is higher than normal govtechies with 7 yoe lah

Unregistered 10-11-2023 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260100)
Pls la. I got A during my first appraisal when I moved to civil service from private.

See your boss fight for you or not

Lol u save Singapore from war or what? Sounds like a bull to me