Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-12-2020 10:53 PM

Anyone who is farmer in the mx scheme manage to buy a car?

If so, at what MX level did it became attainable?

Please share the make and model bought too so we can have an idea of the price range too.

P.S. appreciate answers to my qn, don't appreciate any preaching on why a car is unnecessary in sg due to excellent public transport

Thanks!

spongebobb 11-12-2020 04:25 AM

Hi guys, just got an email after interview from SB's HR telling me that they are interested to consider me further and also to request for payslip with current employer. Does anyone have experience with this? Can we just say that we are uncomfortable with that and refuse to give for fear of benchmarking against previous job? Am applying for related roles anyway!

Unregistered 11-12-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spongebobb (Post 150938)
Hi guys, just got an email after interview from SB's HR telling me that they are interested to consider me further and also to request for payslip with current employer. Does anyone have experience with this? Can we just say that we are uncomfortable with that and refuse to give for fear of benchmarking against previous job? Am applying for related roles anyway!

you will have to give if you want to be consider.
they will definitely benchmark you against your previous job unless you are fresh grad

Unregistered 11-12-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spongebobb (Post 150938)

They have a pay scheme based on your qualification, relevant job experience, age and NS.

Normally they will not low ball you on the offer. If they do, you can always try to negotiate with them, but just take note that if you dont want the role, someone else will be more than happy to take it.

Unregistered 11-12-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150926)
Anyone who is farmer in the mx scheme manage to buy a car?

If so, at what MX level did it became attainable?

Please share the make and model bought too so we can have an idea of the price range too.

P.S. appreciate answers to my qn, don't appreciate any preaching on why a car is unnecessary in sg due to excellent public transport

Thanks!

your qn is very subjective.

i managed a team of 4 mx11a.. 3 of them drive, 1 dont drive.. all are married with kids and staying in hdb
kia forte, nissan serena and audi A4

i drive hyundai elantra, stay private and married with kid
my director dont drive, stay private and married with kid

i have got other colleague, poly grad (50 yr old now) on mx13.. driving toyota wish
mx12 driving honda civil.. all are married with kids

Unregistered 11-12-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150945)
your qn is very subjective.

i managed a team of 4 mx11a.. 3 of them drive, 1 dont drive.. all are married with kids and staying in hdb
kia forte, nissan serena and audi A4

i drive hyundai elantra, stay private and married with kid
my director dont drive, stay private and married with kid

i have got other colleague, poly grad (50 yr old now) on mx13.. driving toyota wish
mx12 driving honda civil.. all are married with kids

Thank you, so in short, seems like for degree holder, mid-late 30s should be possible to afford a bread and butter car in addition to a home and kids.

Unregistered 11-12-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150950)
Thank you, so in short, seems like for degree holder, mid-late 30s should be possible to afford a bread and butter car in addition to a home and kids.

yes, definitely.
at the end of the day, it is a combination of lifestyle, i.e. travel, housing, car, insurance, savings, resturant visit, luxury items.

Unregistered 11-12-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150950)

You can do it earlier if your spouse is willing to co-fund it and reduce some part of your household expenditure.

Unregistered 12-12-2020 11:02 AM

Yearly increment

Hi guys, can I ask if you are appointed on a 2 year contract, are you entitled to yearly salary increments? Or do we have to wait for the end of the 2 year before there is a salary review.

Unregistered 12-12-2020 12:01 PM

Hi, just got accepted into procurement as senior procurement exec. Will grad from uni next year with either second lower or upper. Will like to know the progression, time to reach there and pay for procurement in DSTA.

Thanks