Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 09-06-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173260)
Would like to know if an offer of 3.9K for a fresh grad with FCH decent enough and comparable to what the public service will offer? Tks for any insight.

What's your major?

Unregistered 09-06-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173228)
I have a feeling he's trolling. Dude keeps saying "get inside and you will find out *wink*" but never actually divulges anything despite being completely anonymous. What do you have to lose lol.

Poster here. Shrugs - i don't get paid to convince you.

Unregistered 09-06-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173207)
Apart from MFA, EDB and STB that have international offices such as in New York, London and Paris and thus offer its employees opportunities for overseas postings, are there other agencies that offer such deployments too?

ESG also has OCs too

Unregistered 09-06-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173201)
Just to clarify, So the 5 digits monthly salary is due to annual salary / 12 ?

If you're male you should cross the 5 digit monthly even with your base and allowances alone (without bonuses being factored in).

For females, it should be slightly under that for your base, but you will cross that threshold with your bonuses.

Unregistered 09-06-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173260)
Would like to know if an offer of 3.9K for a fresh grad with FCH decent enough and comparable to what the public service will offer? Tks for any insight.

For MXOs thats above the usual rate - usually they offer 3.8k for FCH local uni with NS

Unregistered 09-06-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173263)
Poster here. Shrugs - i don't get paid to convince you.

I have peers that have been offered the high 4 range from last year and this year. All FCH and have not heard of anyone being offered above 5. Which is why I find it hard to believe your numbers are accurate lol. COVID-19 reduced MFA's budget? Yeah sure you don't have to convince anyone. But unless you can provide more information I'd say that your claims are nothing more than that - claims.

Then again you could always say its your word against mine, go figure?

Unregistered 09-06-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173269)
I have peers that have been offered the high 4 range from last year and this year. All FCH and have not heard of anyone being offered above 5. Which is why I find it hard to believe your numbers are accurate lol. COVID-19 reduced MFA's budget? Yeah sure you don't have to convince anyone. But unless you can provide more information I'd say that your claims are nothing more than that - claims.

Then again you could always say its your word against mine, go figure?

Mine's first-hand information unlike yours. In any case, I suppose anyone here should be intelligent enough to take it all with a pinch of salt.

Unregistered 09-06-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172998)
Hi everyone. I understand that new hires in a Ministry will be issued with a PS Card for identification purposes.

Can I give HR my ready made passport sized photograph to be used for the PS Card? Or HR will arrange for a session for me to come down in person to be photo shot by a photographer?

Thank you.

usually, u will go down CISCO to take your photo.. not too sure now due to CV19

Unregistered 09-06-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173264)
ESG also has OCs too

ESG? What is that?

Unregistered 09-06-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173291)
usually, u will go down CISCO to take your photo.. not too sure now due to CV19

Ok, a little disappointed that we can't use our own photo. If our Singapore Passport allows, I wonder why it is not the case for our PS Cards...