Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-12-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149570)
Anyone has an idea what are the differences between a normal promotion and a Anniversary Promotion?

Ya, I also keen to know what is the difference too. I seen it around and heard people mentioning too.

Unregistered 07-12-2020 04:14 PM

CS salary increment

Hi, 27M AM in a SB making 3.8k per month now, any idea on what is the general increment? I'm a local uni grad, 2nd upper. About how many years till I can hit 6-7k?

Unregistered 07-12-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150648)
Hi, 27M AM in a SB making 3.8k per month now, any idea on what is the general increment? I'm a local uni grad, 2nd upper. About how many years till I can hit 6-7k?

If you are a farmer, I think you will hit the glass ceiling at about 7 to 8k. This means you will probably hit 6 to 7k after 10 to 15 years (assuming an average increment of 200+ a year).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Unregistered 07-12-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150650)
If you are a farmer, I think you will hit the glass ceiling at about 7 to 8k. This means you will probably hit 6 to 7k after 10 to 15 years (assuming an average increment of 200+ a year).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

what so u mean by glass ceiling?

Unregistered 08-12-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150665)
what so u mean by glass ceiling?

A position where you can no longer get promoted and your pay will start to stagnant. You still can see open positions at the upper management, but you can never get it due to your qualification.

At that point, either you take further study or jump to other place.

Unregistered 08-12-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150674)
A position where you can no longer get promoted and your pay will start to stagnant. You still can see open positions at the upper management, but you can never get it due to your qualification.

At that point, either you take further study or jump to other place.

oh, then 7 to 8k is too little.. probably 9 to 10k..
most ppl around me are like that

Unregistered 08-12-2020 08:53 PM

Hello, anyone know how much is the anniversary merit increment? Is it more than the yearly annual increment?

Unregistered 10-12-2020 02:30 PM

what is the pay for a perm sec? including AVC

Unregistered 10-12-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150709)
oh, then 7 to 8k is too little.. probably 9 to 10k..
most ppl around me are like that

It depend on the place you are working in and their budget for manpower. If you are lucky, salary adjustment can increase the salary ceiling abit more, but that is about it.

There are people who are satisfied with that much pay and will refuse promotion... especially if increment / promotion mean double their workload.

If you really want to claim up, especially in Government sector, I suggest you start to consider some master courses that can bring up your value. It will be better if you can get the place to sponsor your study.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150861)
It depend on the place you are working in and their budget for manpower. If you are lucky, salary adjustment can increase the salary ceiling abit more, but that is about it.

There are people who are satisfied with that much pay and will refuse promotion... especially if increment / promotion mean double their workload.

If you really want to claim up, especially in Government sector, I suggest you start to consider some master courses that can bring up your value. It will be better if you can get the place to sponsor your study.

not sure what experience you have.
35 this year mx10 farmer (non local u) drawing 8k on 18.5 to 20mths packages for the last few yrs (except this yr)

mid career cross over. band B first year and A the next 2 years.
i dont think there is a fixed glass ceiling for farmer