Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-01-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152369)
Anyone knows whether there will be a difference in salary if u come from diff uni but same field of study?
Example NUS Computing vs NTU Computer science.

Unlikely even suss and sit same pay.
Coz the party stand is all is govt sanctioned autonomous uni
All same.

redeemer 02-01-2021 01:58 AM

if i applied for a job with one of the ministries, got shortlisted for second interview, how much chance do I have?

also, i have about 10 years of work experience, local poly grad with private degree, roughly which grade would I be and how much salary ? IT related position

redeemer 02-01-2021 02:04 AM

For the particular job I applied for, there's no indication of salary nor whether it's a contract position.. :(

Unregistered 02-01-2021 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redeemer (Post 152418)
if i applied for a job with one of the ministries, got shortlisted for second interview, how much chance do I have?

also, i have about 10 years of work experience, local poly grad with private degree, roughly which grade would I be and how much salary ? IT related position

You have some chance, not 0 since you got 2nd interview. Salary can be anywhere from 3k to 10k. 10 years experience in relevant field? or new field? private degree from where? it related in what way? what place? where and what position are you interviewing for?

Unregistered 02-01-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redeemer (Post 152420)
For the particular job I applied for, there's no indication of salary nor whether it's a contract position.. :(

if they can't give you an indication, try asking?

redeemer 02-01-2021 02:09 PM

i just checked, it seems like contract position. is this the norm?

also usually they offer you the pay directly or ask how much are you paid at the moment? i got a severe paycut recently :(

Unregistered 02-01-2021 05:40 PM

Yes, it is the norm. It has always been 1-year or 2-year contract first. Sometimes called probation period.

What is your current pay package?

Quote:

Originally Posted by redeemer (Post 152444)
i just checked, it seems like contract position. is this the norm?

also usually they offer you the pay directly or ask how much are you paid at the moment? i got a severe paycut recently :(

redeemer 02-01-2021 09:28 PM

so you mean they base it on current pay? my current is only 3k because i got a deep paycut (>30%)

if they just match it base on that then fck it no way in hell im going to accept

Unregistered 02-01-2021 11:23 PM

Yup, it is a common practice to use current annual package as the reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redeemer (Post 152465)
so you mean they base it on current pay? my current is only 3k because i got a deep paycut (>30%)

if they just match it base on that then fck it no way in hell im going to accept

Unregistered 03-01-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152338)
Yes, join only if 4500

Stop trolling. MTI starting is only 3.5 for girls, 3.8 for guys