Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

jingle0212 18-02-2020 09:05 PM

I have applied for a few job application and still under submitted status. However, I have seen the job listing for same position being re-posted again. Does this mean anything? How long do they take to change the status or get back?

Unregistered 19-02-2020 02:43 PM

How is it like as an analyst at spf? What will I be expecting for the application process? My application is still "in process" but have not received any calls or updates

Unregistered 19-02-2020 06:10 PM

Re-post of jobs ad in careers gov

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingle0212 (Post 129124)
I have applied for a few job application and still under submitted status. However, I have seen the job listing for same position being re-posted again. Does this mean anything? How long do they take to change the status or get back?

Re-post means don't need pin hopes. I applied during early January, status updated from 'submitted' to 'in process' after a week. And it closed in end of January and re-posted in 1st week of February. This afternoon, status updated to 'unsuccessful'.

Anyway need not rely much on the status. Just see it as if you did not receive any calls within 2 weeks after application closed, just move on. Life goes on. Keep sending :)

Unregistered 19-02-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingle0212 (Post 129124)

I think it differs for every ministry or sb. Some of my applications are in process or submitted but never got back to me too. Some remains as submitted even after i went to the interview.

Unregistered 19-02-2020 09:03 PM

Anyone can share the timeline of CPF hiring?

Unregistered 20-02-2020 02:27 PM

Timeline

25 November 19: went for interview
27 November 19: HR responded they’d like to proceed further with application. Asked for character reference and previous employment HR contact
13 January 2020: verbal offer given over phone
27th January: went for medical
14 Feb: HR called to say all okay & vital will contact me for contract signing
19 Feb: contract signed

I’m one of the guys from above! So don’t lose patience guys! All the best, wait and pray!

Unregistered 20-02-2020 02:29 PM

Is the signing physical signing or ecopy? I got offered and signed a scanned copy, is that the same as physical signing legally?

Unregistered 21-02-2020 11:59 AM

Hi, I just went for an interview. How long do I have to wait if the HR said 2-3 weeks? Can they offer me within a few days if I’m suitable or I still need to wait 2-3 weeks? I’ve heard cases where ppl are being offered within a few hours and 2 months after their interviews. That is a very elastic timeline.

jingle0212 24-02-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129191)
25 November 19: went for interview
27 November 19: HR responded they’d like to proceed further with application. Asked for character reference and previous employment HR contact
13 January 2020: verbal offer given over phone
27th January: went for medical
14 Feb: HR called to say all okay & vital will contact me for contract signing
19 Feb: contract signed

I’m one of the guys from above! So don’t lose patience guys! All the best, wait and pray!

How long did you wait before they contact you for an Interview?

Unregistered 25-02-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingle0212 (Post 129292)
How long did you wait before they contact you for an Interview?

I waited about 2-3 weeks!