Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 09-01-2020 08:01 PM

Anyone knows what’s the typical hiring process and the pay scale for executive or senior executive at Vital?

Unregistered 11-01-2020 11:21 PM

Needs some advice here. Appreciate for any input.

I got a verbal offer from a statboard and thereafter I got an appointment letter on Friday (yesterday).

I was asked to get back to them by next Monday. Only 3 days to think and 2 out of those are weekends...

As I would like to clarify something in the offer with HR, should I drop them an email or just call them directly next Monday?

Unregistered 12-01-2020 12:14 AM

Depends on which statboard it is pls do clarify?

Unregistered 13-01-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128001)

I got a verbal offer from a statboard and thereafter I got an appointment letter on Friday (yesterday).

I was asked to get back to them by next Monday. Only 3 days to think and 2 out of those are weekends...

As I would like to clarify something in the offer with HR, should I drop them an email or just call them directly next Monday?

Lol what to clarify? Salary can't adjust, allowance is stated. Leave and entitlement also stated. Think they have plenty of suitable candidates so I think best to just accept first then later clarify. Dont think it's a big issue also your clarification. You ask too much wait they pull offer you gg.

Unregistered 15-01-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128001)

Hi, can let us know how long u waited for the verbal offer after your interview?
and if possible, which stat board?

Unregistered 10-02-2020 09:41 PM

Pending confirmation

Hi, I was shortlisted for interview on end of November. 2 days later, HR called to say that they’d like to proceed further with my application and asked for character reference & previous employment HR. Fast forward until mid January, I was given a verbal offer by HR through phone and had two days to decide whether I’d like to accept the offer. I did accept the offer. HR told me they’ll seek approval from higher management and also I was scheduled for Medical checkup by vital one week later. I have completed my medical and have been waiting for about 3 weeks now. How Long more do I have to wait? And what are the chances of my application being successful? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 10-02-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128748)
Hi, I was shortlisted for interview on end of November. 2 days later, HR called to say that they’d like to proceed further with my application and asked for character reference & previous employment HR. Fast forward until mid January, I was given a verbal offer by HR through phone and had two days to decide whether I’d like to accept the offer. I did accept the offer. HR told me they’ll seek approval from higher management and also I was scheduled for Medical checkup by vital one week later. I have completed my medical and have been waiting for about 3 weeks now. How Long more do I have to wait? And what are the chances of my application being successful? Thanks in advance!

There must be something about your medical results that probably delayed their response.

Unregistered 10-02-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128750)
There must be something about your medical results that probably delayed their response.

What do you mean?

Unregistered 11-02-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128756)
What do you mean?

There is a chance that you didn’t meet the stipulated medical and health guidelines. That is why they took the time to reply you. Or you were not honest during health declaration.

Unregistered 13-02-2020 12:25 PM

I don’t think so. But even so, why is there a delay? If they have the information at hand, why can’t they inform? Whether they’d like to proceed or not?