Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 29-11-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chailatte (Post 102507)
The last job offer I received from a stat board, it took 2 weeks from 2nd interview for them to make an offer via email. Would only proceed with medical if I had accepted.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully mine wouldnt take too long as its holiday period which means people go on leave.

Unregistered 30-11-2017 11:17 AM

Hi all, any idea what the timeline for STB will be like? I submitted my application for their MA programme earlier this month, just wondering how long the entire process will take.

Unregistered 30-11-2017 03:28 PM

Stat board

Was told last week by the HR of a stat board that if I am selected, will be informed for second round of interview. A week had passed. Somehow I think if they really want someone, they would call for second interview already right?

chailatte 30-11-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102609)
Was told last week by the HR of a stat board that if I am selected, will be informed for second round of interview. A week had passed. Somehow I think if they really want someone, they would call for second interview already right?

Just don't think about it and keep applying for other jobs.. if they call you treat it as a bonus

Unregistered 30-11-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chailatte (Post 102619)
Just don't think about it and keep applying for other jobs.. if they call you treat it as a bonus

Ok trying my best not to think. The market is real bad

Unregistered 05-12-2017 02:07 PM

If the stat board or ministry really wants you, they won't wait till the application window closes. They will call you up for interview. Just did mine for a minsitry with 2 interviews, the 2nd interview a few days after the first one. But the process is different for different ministries and SBs i suppose.

Unregistered 05-12-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102802)
If the stat board or ministry really wants you, they won't wait till the application window closes. They will call you up for interview. Just did mine for a minsitry with 2 interviews, the 2nd interview a few days after the first one. But the process is different for different ministries and SBs i suppose.

Yes the hiring process can be very fast within a few weeks, or stretch till months if HR is inefficient.

Unregistered 07-12-2017 09:20 AM

Understand that Vital is part of the HR hiring process. At which stage do they take over from the company's HR and what do they do exactly?

Unregistered 07-12-2017 12:18 PM

Hi, anyone experienced "unsuccessful" outcome at career@gov one day after submitting your application online (closing date of job application is still weeks away)? What could be the reasons for the unsuccessful outcome for such cases?

Unregistered 07-12-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102973)
Understand that Vital is part of the HR hiring process. At which stage do they take over from the company's HR and what do they do exactly?

Heard that as well as Vital will be taking over my application.