Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 09-09-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73646)
I recently transferred from a stats board (under ministry A) to ministry B. I guess the only way to transfer is apply jobs through govt career portal? I applied my new job from there. I was give two option to either do movement policy or resign (like normal resignation). Of course, the two option have its pro and cons (one of it is $$$, benefits wise depend on your employer) depending which is better for you. I was told they will recognize my service in public sector but i will go to the new workplace as an new entrants.

I was told if you transfer ministry to ministry.. you can leave your current workplace asap once the HR have come up with an agreement. Meaning you don't even need to serve standard one month notice.

hope this helps.

Anyone have similar experiences or know more about the HR movement policy in public service

Unregistered 09-09-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100040)
To serve as a guide, took about 3 weeks after closing date to schedule an interview for my case. Good luck to job-seekers out there.

What statboard/ministry is that?

Unregistered 09-09-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100060)
What statboard/ministry is that?

PUB, graduate entry position

Unregistered 10-09-2017 08:59 AM

Hi , I am looking at MHA's associate / snr associate (building/infrastructure). How come they require the candidate to have min. 8 years of exp for an entry level position? That mean fresh grads and those with less than 8 yr exp are automatically unqualified? Thanks

Unregistered 12-09-2017 01:25 PM

Hi, does anyone know how's the hiring process of Health Promotion Board (HPB) and wonder do they hire foreigners for executive position?

chailatte 23-09-2017 02:01 PM

Went for intw last week at a ministry, but the job ad was reposted on c@g a few days later.. guess chances are low for 2nd round :(

Unregistered 12-10-2017 01:32 PM

Hello, does anyone know how many rounds of interview are there for HSA exec position? And how long does it take for them to reply? Thx!

Unregistered 12-10-2017 05:06 PM

I went for a interview 2 weeks ago and received a call last week to send them a letter of previous employment. Does that mean I am shortlisted for that position?

Unregistered 22-11-2017 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chailatte (Post 100367)
Went for intw last week at a ministry, but the job ad was reposted on c@g a few days later.. guess chances are low for 2nd round :(

Did you managed to get the job?

chailatte 23-11-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102026)
Did you managed to get the job?

Nope was informed 3-4 weeks later I was unsuccessful. Didn't even get to 2nd round