Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 16-08-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54789)
If you read my very much previous posts, I also posted about the 100+ days wait. So you're not the only one :P.

Nonetheless, I'm exactly same as yours: HR didn't inform, nothing, etc. Just one day pop out. Only later, then I found out about the change in strategic direction that caused the mega-delay

How come when there's a strategic direction change in a company, they need to delay so long before giving u a reply?

Unregistered 16-08-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54789)
If you read my very much previous posts, I also posted about the 100+ days wait. So you're not the only one :P.

Nonetheless, I'm exactly same as yours: HR didn't inform, nothing, etc. Just one day pop out. Only later, then I found out about the change in strategic direction that caused the mega-delay

Does the long wait apply to shortlisted candidates only or all candidates? For example, during this process of strategic change and the higher management has not made a decision, a candidate who is likely to be not shortlisted calls the company to enquire on his status, would the HR inform him that he's not shortlisted or wait till higher management approved before telling him he's rejected?

Unregistered 18-08-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 54224)
dunno leh

juz thinking why would need so long... simple yes or no mah

also hope that if its a NO, atleast they will notify rather then keep me dangling

:(

Same sentiments. A simple yes or no. And hope that the company can at least notify if it's a no after interview. This will mean got some sense of accountability.

in3deep 18-08-2014 03:00 PM

Crucial week for me

Am "supposed" to hear from them this week

Unregistered 18-08-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 54860)
Crucial week for me

good luck to you.. You been waiting for weeks right as i have read your earlier posts?

Unregistered 18-08-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Crucial week for me

All the best to us. I am waiting too. Painful wait.

Unregistered 18-08-2014 05:22 PM

Hi there,

Would like to seek some advice from fellow forumers here.

Recently I went for an interview with a statboard. A week later, the HR contacted me for my previous company's appointment letter and my payslips (current + last payslip from my previous workplace).

It has been two weeks since my last submission and I have not heard from them since. Wondering the request for information is for verification purpose only or could it be something positive?

rollbread 18-08-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54872)
Hi there,

Would like to seek some advice from fellow forumers here.

Recently I went for an interview with a statboard. A week later, the HR contacted me for my previous company's appointment letter and my payslips (current + last payslip from my previous workplace).

It has been two weeks since my last submission and I have not heard from them since. Wondering the request for information is for verification purpose only or could it be something positive?

Submission of previous appointment letter and payslip is a usual practice cuz they want to verify your last pay in order to calculate your new pay if u are selected.

For the stat board that I went for interviews before, they actually ask for my payslip and letter before attending the interview. I waited for around 3-4 weeks before getting offer from them. I guess you have to wait for around 2 weeks more then.

Unregistered 18-08-2014 08:15 PM

Thanks rollbread!

Unregistered 19-08-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Crucial week for me

Same case here. I still got no news. :(