Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 13-08-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 54672)
lol all of u all using unregistered nick until i dunno whihc unregistered nick u r

:o

Lol. I'm the same person who posted the above entries on company informing me they undergoing restructure. So there's only 1 person in same situation as u which is me. Hai. And we did not apply same company cos my interview way before yours. And for ur case is HR inform u. Mine is not. I just need to wait. Hai

Unregistered 14-08-2014 10:46 AM

I need an answer. I need to close case. So that I can move on.

lanki 14-08-2014 04:28 PM

anyone knows what's the typical hiring decision at AGC, organ's of state?
understood that job advertisement is still on-going though i have done with my 1st interview exactly a week ago.

Not sure how i stand since prior the interview consists of a written test before the interview commences. Was told by interviewers that decisions will be made within 2 weeks or if a 2nd interview is required.

Kind of worried, hopefully i can nail this.
As the previous few interviews with other firms aren't successful as well.

Unregistered 14-08-2014 04:37 PM

Does a government body require management's approval for shortlisted candidates only or for both shortlisted and rejected candidates? HR told me pending management's approval.

in3deep 14-08-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54708)
Does a government body require management's approval for shortlisted candidates only or for both shortlisted and rejected candidates? HR told me pending management's approval.

Think should be short listed?

:confused:

Why would need approval for rejected candidates?

Btw when was your intw bro and when hr told u?

Trying to get a sense of my situation

:(

Unregistered 14-08-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 54713)
Think should be short listed?

:confused:

Why would need approval for rejected candidates?

Btw when was your intw bro and when hr told u?

Trying to get a sense of my situation

:(

My interview was 1 month ago. I received no news since then. It is only recently when I ask the HR that they tell me they are pending higher management's approval but they do not tell me if I'm shortlisted or not.

Unregistered 15-08-2014 12:58 PM

When u send in ur job application, is it only the HR who decides which candidate should be shortlisted for interview or the HR will also need to get management's approval?

Unregistered 15-08-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54753)
When u send in ur job application, is it only the HR who decides which candidate should be shortlisted for interview or the HR will also need to get management's approval?

HR decide which candidate who shd be shortlisted --> the panel of interviewers --> back to HR

Unregistered 15-08-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54755)
HR decide which candidate who shd be shortlisted --> the panel of interviewers --> back to HR

Sorry, do u mean HR decide who should be shortlisted, then she submit to the management who will be the interviewers?

Or HR decide who should be shortlisted, then conduct interview?

Unregistered 15-08-2014 02:53 PM

If a candidate is shortlisted but the higher management hasn't approve yet, will the HR inform the candidate first verbally that he is being shortlisted or will the HR wait for management approval then inform?