Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 23-07-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 53692)
now is 1 week since i had interview

was pretty confident cause it went well

but now as each day passes... confidence changing to dissapointment

:(

Did the HR tell u when they would notify u of the outcome? U are waiting for a second round interview or was there only one round of interview? Why don't u call the HR to check if u are anxious?

in3deep 23-07-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53695)
Did the HR tell u when they would notify u of the outcome? U are waiting for a second round interview or was there only one round of interview? Why don't u call the HR to check if u are anxious?

they told me 2 weeks loh

yes waiting for 2nd round

Unregistered 23-07-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 53698)
they told me 2 weeks loh

yes waiting for 2nd round

Oh then still got hope lah. But why don't u call HR to check?

in3deep 23-07-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53701)
Oh then still got hope lah. But why don't u call HR to check?

caus dun wanna appear despo mah since they said 2 weeks

Unregistered 23-07-2014 04:00 PM

Is there anyone who do not dare to call HR after ur interview for fear of hearing rejection? Uaually I just wait for the time to pass. If no calls means no chance. I dare not call.

Unregistered 23-07-2014 04:21 PM

Anyone knows what does it means if they start posting a similar recruitment ad for the same position but a different deadline, a few days after my interview. Is it safe to assume that none of the earlier batch of candidates is suitable and hence, they are putting up another ad. Was pretty confident after 3 rounds of interview but this ad thing is really making me lose hope.

in3deep 23-07-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53705)
Is there anyone who do not dare to call HR after ur interview for fear of hearing rejection? Uaually I just wait for the time to pass. If no calls means no chance. I dare not call.

llast time people used to say no news is good news

but nowdays seems many companys dun even send rejection emails after intw

so no news can be good n bad

Unregistered 23-07-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 53708)
llast time people used to say no news is good news

but nowdays seems many companys dun even send rejection emails after intw

so no news can be good n bad

I agree. :(

In3deep, are u a fresh graduate or mid career switcher? U currently working now?

Unregistered 23-07-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53707)
Anyone knows what does it means if they start posting a similar recruitment ad for the same position but a different deadline, a few days after my interview. Is it safe to assume that none of the earlier batch of candidates is suitable and hence, they are putting up another ad. Was pretty confident after 3 rounds of interview but this ad thing is really making me lose hope.

Which stat board/ministry did you apply to? It could be a auto-repost in the system.

Unregistered 23-07-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53712)
Which stat board/ministry did you apply to? It could be a auto-repost in the system.

Health Promotion Board, but it was a new ad with a different (extended deadline). Certainly don't look too promising right now.

Anyway i have just received an offer from another Ministry, similar function kind of job. Having said that, i'm definitely more keen in the former position. Guess i'd just have to wait for a few more days and pray for a miracle.