Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

tobyhund 13-12-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26903)
which stat board is that? 6 hours sounds dubious. as they usually need to do the necessary clearance before making an offer.

I think if they are desperate and/or really like you, it is not impossible.

Once I had an interview with a stat board where the Director seemed rather keen. Asked me if I will take the job if being offered. Obviously I said yes and the following day, they made me a verbal offer and the actual offer came in a week after that.

Of course the norm seems to be a rather slow process based on experience. Typically, they will call you up for an interview 1-2 months after the CV submission has closed. Second interviews are usually another month away. The actual offer will come another 2-4 weeks away. So expect 3 months or more in all.

Unregistered 13-12-2012 07:53 PM

Yes, about 3 months, and can hit 4 months to actual first day of work.

wern 21-05-2013 09:18 PM

Hi guys, thread digger here.

I received an email from PUB saying that the interview panel found me suitable for the role and now HR needs to send for "management approval" before making an offer.

Of course I have no criminal, medical probs of any sort.
Can I safely assume that I've gotten the job?

Unregistered 23-05-2013 12:30 PM

just to let you all be aware. certain openings are purposely open on career.gov are just posted to test water on the market only. so dun pin too much hope on the job u apply

Unregistered 23-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 37354)

I received an email from PUB saying that the interview panel found me suitable for the role and now HR needs to send for "management approval" before making an offer.

80% chance.
management may not like your face? or they may have other headcount plans

Unregistered 24-05-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37418)
just to let you all be aware. certain openings are purposely open on career.gov are just posted to test water on the market only. so dun pin too much hope on the job u apply

Or as "backup" candidates to interview when their internal rotation plan didn't pan out - have been told in several occasions, after interviews, that the position has been filled by internal candidates - what a waste of our time

Unregistered 31-05-2013 05:55 PM

scscles great

I went for a 2nd interview at the Intellectual Property Office 4 weeks back and had not had any emails/ mails from them on the status since then. Should I assume it's already gone case or what? Haiz, I thought I would at least get some notification if I failed the 2nd round...

Unregistered 24-06-2013 07:09 PM

no news is bad news

Unregistered 27-06-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 37354)

How long do you wait for the email after your interview?

yisi 27-06-2013 10:44 AM

Hi wern,

May i check with you what questions they asked you during the pub interview? how the salary package?