Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 05-07-2013 04:50 PM

It should be quite safe when one has already reached the medical checkup stage. But if you are concerned you can follow up with the HR to see how's the results.

Unregistered 06-07-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39527)
It should be quite safe when one has already reached the medical checkup stage. But if you are concerned you can follow up with the HR to see how's the results.

was wondering why they took so long to process after the medical review. just wondering what is it that they need to check?

Unregistered 06-07-2013 10:41 PM

Well, it's the civil/public service afterall. So don't expect the kind of urgency you see in pte sectors.

Just curious, how long had it been since you went for medical? And mind sharing which ministry this is?

Unregistered 09-07-2013 03:49 PM

background checks

Just signed my letter or appointment with a stat board but was told that I am pending a background check. According to hr, all stat board new hires are subject to background checks by the parent ministry.

Just curious if this is true. If it is, I doubt the level of scrutiny they can have since number of new hires for a ministry and its stat boards will overwhelm.

Unregistered 09-07-2013 08:54 PM

The wait is soooo loonoong.. would have join another company in pte sector within that long and worrisome timeframe

Unregistered 09-07-2013 09:18 PM

generally pte sector pay better. left and join pte sector and never look back. i can't find any good reason to wait any longer for CS.

Unregistered 09-07-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39671)
Just signed my letter or appointment with a stat board but was told that I am pending a background check. According to hr, all stat board new hires are subject to background checks by the parent ministry.

Just curious if this is true. If it is, I doubt the level of scrutiny they can have since number of new hires for a ministry and its stat boards will overwhelm.

That's strange. Normally parent ministry don't interfere in the recruitment of their subsidiary stat boards.

Which stat board is this?

Unregistered 19-07-2013 11:14 PM

I don't understand... What do they mean by "pending clearance by HR?" How long does this pending clearance take usually.

Unregistered 20-07-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37471)
Or as "backup" candidates to interview when their internal rotation plan didn't pan out - have been told in several occasions, after interviews, that the position has been filled by internal candidates - what a waste of our time

did they ask you to go for medical review but didn't offer you any salary?

Unregistered 22-07-2013 09:05 PM

Just a example for you.

I applied for one in one of the uniformed organisations as a non-uniformed officer in Jan, ask to attend interview in early-Feb, then one week offer contract, March went med check, Last week of March go sign contract. Now I 4 months going 5 months liao.

My point is, if they ask you go med check without offering contract, then something's wrong somewhere. Can try calling the hr officer-in-charge for more information.

Good luck