Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 30-06-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26223)
Doesn't the long process make it seems like there is no urgency in looking for a candidate to fill the position?

Even if the your availability is immediate, by the time they respond, you probably have gotten job offers else where and have to reject their interview?

if u need a job urgently , do not apply for govt job cus usually govt job take longer to process.

lmaohaha 30-06-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26250)
if u need a job urgently , do not apply for govt job cus usually govt job take longer to process.

on avr how long for govt job to call u up for interview from closing date of advert?

Unregistered 30-06-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26223)
Doesn't the long process make it seems like there is no urgency in looking for a candidate to fill the position?

Even if the your availability is immediate, by the time they respond, you probably have gotten job offers else where and have to reject their interview?

I feel that it's polite that the HR let the candidates know as soon as he's not selected to progress further in the process. This will allow the candidate to close the case mentally/ emotionally.

Unregistered 30-06-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26252)
on avr how long for govt job to call u up for interview from closing date of advert?

Normally, it's within 2-3 weeks if you're considered the best-potential among all the CV submission. If not, it might be 1-2 months later, if say, the first candidate went through 2 rounds and decided not to take up offer becos of low offer in salary. This whole process can last 1 mth and come your turn.

Unregistered 08-07-2012 05:19 PM

Since we are in the topic of applying jobs in stat boards, does anyone know why some certain stat boards do not provide 'apply now' button but instead require us to apply via their website?

All the resume and details are readily available in the account I have signed up but I have to redo everything for the positions I am applying for. Besides, some of their application forms aren't very flexible (expected graduation, class of hons etc)

Unregistered 11-07-2012 11:52 AM

i went for an interview on 28 June with the Dir, AD and Head. The Dir mentioned that there might be a 2nd interview but no news yet :( the wait is so longgg....

ceruleanroses 13-07-2012 02:11 PM

my personal experience, i applied a lot of jobs at careers@gov. some status still put me as submitted even though it has been months.

anyway for second round interview, if after 2 weeks still no news, you can expect that you are not shortlisted.

Unregistered 13-07-2012 11:59 PM

In my case of applying for a DD role in a statboard during my mid career switch, it takes six weeks to finally confirmed my success....Six weeks is from the closure of the advertisement...to 1st interview...to "so-called apporval/ clearance" tilll receiving verbal confirmation of offer from the HR.

ceruleanroses 14-07-2012 12:24 AM

thats really fast!!!! i applied for ministry in early may. got called up in june. got a verbal offer in the final week of june. and now, i am pending clearance for 2 weeks already!

Unregistered 16-07-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceruleanroses (Post 26608)
my personal experience, i applied a lot of jobs at careers@gov. some status still put me as submitted even though it has been months.

anyway for second round interview, if after 2 weeks still no news, you can expect that you are not shortlisted.

heard from my friends they waited for as long as 1 mth to be called up for 2nd interview.