Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 17-07-2012 02:22 AM

I was shortlisted for an interview at a stat board. I got the offer within 6 hours. If they are really keen on hiring you, they will give you a verbal offer real soon.

Unregistered 17-07-2012 10:12 AM

And if you see the job position posted again 2 hours after your interview on the careers.gov website, means it's time to go for another one. Happened to my relative before.

lmaohaha 17-07-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26687)
And if you see the job position posted again 2 hours after your interview on the careers.gov website, means it's time to go for another one. Happened to my relative before.

not true. i went for an interview, cleared round 1, the job advert appeared again a few hours later, den a few days later i got the invitation for round2 interview. i guess some adverts are programmed to appear on the website after every 2wks or a mth.either they have many vacancies or its juz a routine thingy.

Unregistered 23-07-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26680)
I was shortlisted for an interview at a stat board. I got the offer within 6 hours. If they are really keen on hiring you, they will give you a verbal offer real soon.

which stat board is that? 6 hours sounds dubious. as they usually need to do the necessary clearance before making an offer.

Unregistered 23-07-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26903)
which stat board is that? 6 hours sounds dubious. as they usually need to do the necessary clearance before making an offer.

Either the candidate is exceptionally good that die die must recruit or the agency very desperate to fill up the post at very short period.

Unregistered 29-07-2012 01:41 AM

i was offered one day after my 2nd interview with a stat board... even didn't mind me wanting to join 2 mths later than the previously stated 1 mth notice start date

fi_east 30-07-2012 03:54 PM

I went interview at 2pm.. 4pm they call me that i got the job and must submit further documents.. have gone medical.. now waiting to sign agreement.. 2 weeks has pass and still no calls to sign agreement.. haha.. took so long.. btw mine not stat board..

Unregistered 30-07-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fi_east (Post 27208)
I went interview at 2pm.. 4pm they call me that i got the job and must submit further documents.. have gone medical.. now waiting to sign agreement.. 2 weeks has pass and still no calls to sign agreement.. haha.. took so long.. btw mine not stat board..

If it is ministry, then all your paperwork will likely be done at Vital.

Unregistered 06-11-2012 11:33 AM

Hi,

does anyone know how long after an interview will the outcome be known? Will there be a rejection letter sent?

I applied for a position in a Statutory Board. Got an interview within 2 weeks. Was ask for further documents (payslip, etc) 2 weeks after the interview (as part of the "recruitment process"), and I have not heard anything for 2 months now.

Unregistered 11-12-2012 11:04 AM

will you be blacklisted if you reject a job offer from stat board? or public sector in general...