Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 21-04-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117384)
Ahhhh! Interviewed at Land Authority in the afternoon! Grateful for your reminder! :))

LTA from my friends experience, pay decently well but quite overworked. Be prepared to work in excess of 12 hours and still take work home over the weekend. However could be my friend is not efficient. Sorry I don't have an estimate for you but just warn you that pay may be good but pay per hour nothing to write home over.

During this soft employment market LTA was the best pay master of all his offers, but working equivalent of bank hours (think 16 hours) without bank salary he also regret. They aggressively hire because whole departments resign upon getting PB after a year of working equivalent of 2 years of hours put in.

If u r fresh grad, a baptism of fire is good. Learn more while you have few obligations in life.

Unregistered 21-04-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117395)
LTA from my friends experience, pay decently well but quite overworked. Be prepared to work in excess of 12 hours and still take work home over the weekend. However could be my friend is not efficient. Sorry I don't have an estimate for you but just warn you that pay may be good but pay per hour nothing to write home over.

During this soft employment market LTA was the best pay master of all his offers, but working equivalent of bank hours (think 16 hours) without bank salary he also regret. They aggressively hire because whole departments resign upon getting PB after a year of working equivalent of 2 years of hours put in.

If u r fresh grad, a baptism of fire is good. Learn more while you have few obligations in life.

how much does pay 'decently' as a fresh grad mean to you? 3.8k, 4k? i see they offer a lot of mid term scholarships to STEM local uni grads

Unregistered 21-04-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Did s/he apply for Singapore Land Authority or Land Transport Authority? Lol.

Unregistered 21-04-2019 01:19 PM

You replied to my post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117404)
Did s/he apply for Singapore Land Authority or Land Transport Authority? Lol.

Good question. I never considered SLA as I never saw their vacancies. LTA is pretty aggressive now. Anyway, the post is also beneficial for others, if poster really went to SLA.

Unregistered 21-04-2019 01:42 PM

Thoughts for consideration

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117398)
how much does pay 'decently' as a fresh grad mean to you? 3.8k, 4k? i see they offer a lot of mid term scholarships to STEM local uni grads

Just replying generally for fresh grad consideration.
Imho 3.8 is okay for stem. This salary is usually only possible with some form of bond. In fact, the Alibaba scholarship is amazing... If one gets in. However be mentally prepared Jack said 996 is mandatory.

If one work for US company via remote and some travelling, the pay can be 6k SGD per month no bonus. That is considered low for their hiring standards, however one must consider the tax for green card holders and their inflated prices for necessities such as dining out.

6k is roughly the same as 4. 5k in public service annual package. However the overseas exposure and industry knowledge is invaluable. Sadly few get this opportunity.

Unregistered 21-04-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Sorry sorry! It is Singapore Land Authority. Sorry, didn't make myself clear. But also thankfully LTA has yet to call me for an interview till date having heard of the possible hours. Especially having relied on the statistics released by LTA periodicaly, I nearly cried at how much work they have to commit to…

Would you have any idea about the SLA?

Unregistered 21-04-2019 04:00 PM

You replied to my post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117411)
Sorry sorry! It is Singapore Land Authority. Sorry, didn't make myself clear. But also thankfully LTA has yet to call me for an interview till date having heard of the possible hours. Especially having relied on the statistics released by LTA periodicaly, I nearly cried at how much work they have to commit to…

Would you have any idea about the SLA?

No friends working there at sla, sorry buddy. However glassdoor is not so positive.
Fyi, during election most of the team lead are from LTA. To me that's a solid recognition of their leadership abilities.
What did u apply for buddy, civil engineer? Random guess.

Unregistered 21-04-2019 06:40 PM

Is it easier to get into public sector from pte sector with few years of working exp?

Unregistered 21-04-2019 07:21 PM

Is the highest paying job for fresh grad at EDB?

Unregistered 21-04-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117413)
Is it easier to get into public sector from pte sector with few years of working exp?

Yes. But you may not want to once you get offered a low pay due to average qualification, which likely hindered you from getting a call years ago.