Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 12-12-2018 11:08 AM

Hi all. I went for an interview 3 weeks back and i was informed last week by the HR that i was shortlisted for the position and that they are now waiting for approval from upper management. Just today, the status of my application on Careers.gov changed to "offered". Does it mean that they have already approved?

Unregistered 17-12-2018 07:31 PM

Same on my end, they told me it was pending sen mgt approval 12 days back, today it was changed to offered. Hopefully its good news.

Have they called you?

Unregistered 18-12-2018 09:57 AM

Hi there. Yes the following the week they got back to me telling me they are now conducting reference check. This week they called me and ask me to come down to sign the letter of appointment. So most likely you are offered the role! Congrats!!

Unregistered 18-12-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112485)
Hi there. Yes the following the week they got back to me telling me they are now conducting reference check. This week they called me and ask me to come down to sign the letter of appointment. So most likely you are offered the role! Congrats!!

EDIT: My status was changed to "offered" on 10 Dec. My reference check was done on the same week 14 Dec. The following week they told me to come down to sign the letter of appointment. Hope that helps! Congrats once again!

Unregistered 18-12-2018 01:03 PM

Congrats!

Thanks! Congrats to you too! Haha, the HR called me earlier, turns out the sen mgt is MIA currently, probably on leave I guess, only when he approves then they can follow up with vital side and all. So I might sign and start work ony after CNY lol

Unregistered 18-12-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112491)
Thanks! Congrats to you too! Haha, the HR called me earlier, turns out the sen mgt is MIA currently, probably on leave I guess, only when he approves then they can follow up with vital side and all. So I might sign and start work ony after CNY lol

which ministry?

Unregistered 26-12-2018 10:32 PM

Hi

Can i check how long does g50 clearance take for ministries? Its been a month since submission and i had received verbal salary package and went through medical. What are the chances of failing the clearance? Thanks.

Unregistered 29-12-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112656)
Hi

Can i check how long does g50 clearance take for ministries? Its been a month since submission and i had received verbal salary package and went through medical. What are the chances of failing the clearance? Thanks.

It can take a while and cause of failure may be for reasons not apparent to you. Only the screeners know the criteria. Just hope for the best assuming u n ur family r clean

Unregistered 01-01-2019 01:38 PM

Will you apply for job advertisements that are posted for a few months already? Some even more than half a year.

Unregistered 10-01-2019 12:14 PM

Hi all, I went for an interview with SB last week and received verbal acceptance from HR 2 days ago. HR mentioned that they needed my boss's contact as they needed a referee as a formality and will get back to me on the formal offer later. Are there cases where HR decides not to offer the job anymore even after a verbal acceptance?