Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142867)
Finally heard back from HR after 6 weeks, now waiting for letter of offer. anyone knows how long it takes?

4 weeks and still waiting.

Unregistered 29-07-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142896)
Anyone knows what does it mean if the application status is in process but the job closing date has passed and the job is not in the listing anymore? Means got chance bo?

No certain answer to your question. I had a few applications which were “In-process” for weeks but eventually changed to “Unsuccessful”. But I also had an application where it’s still “In-process” but have received a call from HR for interview.

Unregistered 29-07-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142907)
4 weeks and still waiting.

Gosh 4 weeks.
Did they tell you why the letter of offer is taking so long?

Unregistered 29-07-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Anyone knows what does it mean if the application status is in process but the job closing date has passed and the job is not in the listing anymore? Means got chance bo?

How long did yours take to change to in process?

joblessUncle36 29-07-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

From my experience, I wouldn't take in process as anything positive unless hr calls within 2 weeks of submitting my application.

Keep in mind with record retrenchments and unemployment, each job posting probably gets a few hundred applications within the first day or two. Unless its a job which takes in intakes like saf, hr would have shortlisted candidates within a week and start calling by the second week.

There are too many possibilities, some hr switch all applications to in process others leave it as submitted although they have seen your resume.

I think the 2 week guideline is best so just move on and apply for other jobs if there is no call by then.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 09:08 PM

I submitted my application in end Mar and received a link to an online assessment within 2 weeks which I have completed. Status is still "Submitted" but I never heard back since then. Is the application hopeless alr?

Unregistered 03-08-2020 11:33 AM

I am absolutely torn right now, between accepting an offer that has been made to me or, wait for my ideal CS job which an offer will come in but not sure when as I am still waiting for 2 months. It just doesn't seem nice to accept the offer and then leave to accept the CS job once the offer and all comes in. Any kind soul can give advice on if you have dealt with this?

clarac 03-08-2020 12:10 PM

Reference check

Hi all, just want to check if you are aware what reference check questions Ministry will ask? I was previously from a SB and the Ministry mentioned they will be checking in with my previous SB on the reference check.

Unregistered 03-08-2020 12:18 PM

I'm in the same situation as you, but I've already turned down the other offer and waiting for stat board to get back to me. I felt bad to take up the other offer and then leave.

At what stage are you at with the CS job offer? Just the letter of offer?

I checked in with the CS HR before turning down the other offer, have you checked in with them over these 2 months?

Unregistered 03-08-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143173)
I'm in the same situation as you, but I've already turned down the other offer and waiting for stat board to get back to me. I felt bad to take up the other offer and then leave.

At what stage are you at with the CS job offer? Just the letter of offer?

I checked in with the CS HR before turning down the other offer, have you checked in with them over these 2 months?

Unless you have enough cash to survive, you shouldn't let emotions like "feeling bad" get in the way of making a logical decision. Think about it, even if you worked for a company for a month and left, the company will have no difficulty finding a replacement. After all it is an employer's market now.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. If you give up an offer in hopes for a better one to come, you run the risk of months of opportunity costs forgone in the form of salaries and wider gaps in your resume.