Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 20-08-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyes (Post 144194)
Timeline for me - Mgr for a small stat board

End May - Apply for the position
8 June - Video interview
22 June - 1st virtual interview (HR mentioned wait for 2 weeks)
3 July - 2nd virtual interview (HR mentioned wait for 2 weeks)
19 July - reference and employment check (no offer yet)
3 Aug - verbal offer
15 Aug - Letter of appointment
31 Aug - Start work date

Join in as experience hire, fortunate thing no cut in salary.

Very important question a lot of us want to know its answer:

When you received the call for the video interview, was the application closed already, or was the position still being advertised?

blueeyes 21-08-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144250)
Very important question a lot of us want to know its answer:

When you received the call for the video interview, was the application closed already, or was the position still being advertised?

In my case the application was closed. It only for 2 weeks. However, I did see the ad came up again after my 2nd interview with a different closed timeline which I thought mine gone case but apparently not. How the ad came up again I don't know. Even till now, my status is still under shortlisted (for interview) only.

My medical checkup came after my verbal offer.

Different stat board work differently, so no point I mention the specific stat board.

The last thing is I did not solely wait for the 1st and 2nd interview, I was still applying to other jobs to increase my chance of landing a job. I also did not chase the HR for confirmation at all. If they want you, they will eventually call you without you email them.

And for those people waiting for HR reply, I dun think private sector even do reply at all if you are not shortlisted hence why you expect the public sector to reply you too? Just keep on applying to the other jobs so you dun put all the egg in one basket. :)

Unregistered 21-08-2020 08:37 AM

Do ministry/statboard call my current supervisor before interview? Just realised I was told to state my current supervisor details + contact number in a form.

Unregistered 21-08-2020 09:40 AM

Don't need to analyse so much la. Get means get don't have means don't have.

Unregistered 21-08-2020 12:55 PM

I think some of us are just trying to understand more of all this process and timeline to seek alittle comfort in the time of this dreadful wait. Though i know most people are losing hope in the long wait, but still keeping that very tiny hope and hope for a closure after being interviewed and waiting for the result. And knowing what others went thru, gives a sense of someone is having the same problem as me, kind of feel.

so try to understand from others point of view. times are tough, things wont go smoothly.

Unregistered 21-08-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144264)
Do ministry/statboard call my current supervisor before interview? Just realised I was told to state my current supervisor details + contact number in a form.

Mine asked but didnt call.

Unregistered 24-08-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144287)
Mine asked but didnt call.

Hi there, did you managed to get the job ?

Unregistered 24-08-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144386)
Hi there, did you managed to get the job ?

yes got the job.

Unregistered 24-08-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144387)
yes got the job.

That's great! Congrats!

May i know what is your timeline from the last interview to contract signing?

Thank you.

Unregistered 24-08-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144389)
That's great! Congrats!

May i know what is your timeline from the last interview to contract signing?

Thank you.

It was a good draggy 3 months+ wait.